Gunboat diplomacy and other worldy issues.

Help Support CattleToday:

greggy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I been thinking for a long time, that China had been positioning itself to expand, long before Mr Ping said it officially to the world, the Wests greed has pushed it along nicely.

China, has for some time, been working with Russia, they have superior weapons to what we now have. We may now be in a position where we lose possibly.

China has gone from 0 Aircraft carriers to many and building more fast, all while they create leapfrog man made islands which they now have naval and air power on. They have a lot of reach.

Then the virus hits. We get riots etc, a nice distraction and a crippling blow domestically.

Not sure what they been doing to the US, as Trump already put many on notice, but with us, telling travelers to stay away (moot with Covid), telling students not to study here, cut beef imports, stopped Barley, and many cyber attacks.

Not sure how many of you know, but the US has 3 AC carriers in the South China sea area now, there is also an issue raising it's head again with the Indians.

I think we have been sliding slowly into another war, will it go to a hot phase? what do you think ?

I think that if 2 (carriers) is "many", then you are correct about China having "many and building more fast".
But if 2 is just a few, then the stated supposition is incorrect.

"There are 2 types of ships in the oceans. Submarines!--and TARGETS!"

I have been watching Sky News out of Australia. China appears to be targeting Australia with crippling trade embargoes. I was shocked at how much Australia exports to China. Having one big customer like that is dangerous.

HDRider said:
I have been watching Sky News out of Australia. China appears to be targeting Australia with crippling trade embargoes. I was shocked at how much Australia exports to China. Having one big customer like that is dangerous.

Think about what you just said from China's perspective vis a vis the US.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
HDRider said:

You are going to have to translate that for me.

greggy said:
Hi All,

I been thinking for a long time, that China had been positioning itself to expand, long before Mr Ping said it officially to the world, the Wests greed has pushed it along nicely.

China, has for some time, been working with Russia, they have superior weapons to what we now have. We may now be in a position where we lose possibly.

China has gone from 0 Aircraft carriers to many and building more fast, all while they create leapfrog man made islands which they now have naval and air power on. They have a lot of reach.

Then the virus hits. We get riots etc, a nice distraction and a crippling blow domestically.

Not sure what they been doing to the US, as Trump already put many on notice, but with us, telling travelers to stay away (moot with Covid), telling students not to study here, cut beef imports, stopped Barley, and many cyber attacks.

Not sure how many of you know, but the US has 3 AC carriers in the South China sea area now, there is also an issue raising it's head again with the Indians.

I think we have been sliding slowly into another war, will it go to a hot phase? what do you think ?

Who do you mean when you say "we"?

HDRider said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
HDRider said:

You are going to have to translate that for me.

China has a bunch of their eggs in our basket.

greybeard said:
I think that if 2 (carriers) is "many", then you are correct about China having "many and building more fast".

2 in operation. More in the pipeline, inc a nuclear one with advanced weapons it is said.

I agree with the targets. They have enough subs to take out the US and allies now IMO in a conventional encounter.

The islands give a big advantage and cannot be sunk.

Anyways, the build up I think is not to be ignored, we sold them a ship for scrap years ago, they copied some of it, we underestimated them then, and fear same now.

HDRider said:

They are not only doing that, but trying to drive a wedge between US and Aus and other allies to a lesser extent.

They saw how Trump talked and acted with some, and have been hoping to break things.

Here the govt has got into a position of heavy reliance across many sectors, I hope we wake up....

callmefence said:
greggy said:
Hi All,

Who do you mean when you say "we"?

We, you, me and everybody who could be effected by this and broad scale conflict if it goes hot.

Even while cold, it effects us all really, and should concern all.

greggy said:
Hi All,

and to think how much of that money from the US in the past has paid for their ability to grow, not counting technology, everyone enjoy your products from China, anything that ever came out of China has been stolen from other countries, except there cheap labor, and oh yeah don't forget Covid.

Japan was the same not that long ago, big diff was, they were well and truly over expansionist desires.

We all bought Jap, even though they were often despised by many after the war. Basically most cars sold here would be Jap.

And it is not just the US, but all the West that has enabled them, largely due to our greed from corporates and our whole system, cannot blame them for selling and taking on our dirty work.

The thing with China though is, they have out and out said they are expanding, taking back what was once held by them, they are becoming dominant militarily, monetarily & stealing as much IP and data and info as they can.

We gave up most of our manufacturing long ago. We cannot function without others selling us stuff, GM just pulled the plug on the last cars made here after taking govt money, so we do not even make a local car anymore, we have ship yards but get stuff built OS, and on it goes. I am wary of Chinese intentions, but I cannot blame them for our reliance and greed.

greggy said:
greybeard said:

2 in operation. More in the pipeline, inc a nuclear one with advanced weapons it is said.

I agree with the targets. They have enough subs to take out the US and allies now IMO in a conventional encounter.

The islands give a big advantage and cannot be sunk.

Anyways, the build up I think is not to be ignored, we sold them a ship for scrap years ago, they copied some of it, we underestimated them then, and fear same now.

Every time they think of it I'm sure they are reminded of "Mutually Assured Destruction".

Why so sure ?

They do not care about own citizens.

No one thought Hitler would do what he did....

Who would have thought 9 11 was possible, I did not, I was stunned they were able to hit so many targets.

Look what the virus has achieved, if one was to think it was released.

greggy said:
Why so sure ?

They do not care about own citizens.

No one thought Hitler would do what he did....

Who would have thought 9 11 was possible, I did not, I was stunned they were able to hit so many targets.

Look what the virus has achieved, if one was to think it was released.

We have 4,000 nuclear warheads.......they have 400 (maybe) Hiroshima and Nagasaki changed everything.

I bet they would be willing to cop some of them, but the US and us, nope....

I cannot see them or the allies going nuclear unless attacked by same, so they are just a symbol, and how old are they now...and sending any to China means more coming from elsewhere, like Russia.

So, personally, I see it as only detering nuc war.

Indeed, they are expanding regardless.

Call them symbols or whatever you wish the US military is expanding as well. China does not want to be the one to make the first mistake.

TexasBred said:
China does not want to be the one to make the first mistake.

That is the state we been in for a while, hoping someone does not make a mis calculation, or some system trigger something that goes off the rails.

I am not too confident in anyone to not make a grave mistake. They are agitating, not direct military agitation, but that is what it seems to me.

TexasBred said:
Call them symbols or whatever you wish the US military is expanding as well. China does not want to be the one to make the first mistake.
Russia didn't want to be the first to make a mistake either during the cold war, China sure doesn't want to ruffle feathers either, they already shot their self in the foot with covid, and they shown their true colors to other countries, if someone thinks Russia backing them is a big deal, they couldn't even defeat
Iran.

Latest posts