Hello to all from a third generation dairy farm!

Help Support CattleToday:

EP Lohr Dairy Farm

Reaction score
Hello to the world from the EP Lohr Dairy Farm in Madison, Virginia! We're a centrally located dairy farm just off Routes 29 and 15. We milk Holsteins and Jerseys, raise Angus beef cows, farm corn for chopping and picking, and make hay from orchard grass, barley, wheat, and sometimes alfalfa. We use a stanchion barn (old, but effective) with a occupancy of 30 cows. We milk anywhere from 30 to 50 cows, with actual numbers fluctuating due to calving schedules, and at one time milked about 90 cows (we're working back up to that point). Thanks to Verizon's AirCard, we are finally on the internet and up and about in the new age.

God Bless,
The Lohr Family

hi an welcome.you are very busy milking farming an running beef cattle.as high as fresh cows are will be hard building your herd up.unless you raise all your heifer calves.

Welcome to the board. We raise purebred Red Angus and still have a few commercial that we are phasing out as our purebred herd grows.
You sound busy, hope you have time to stop in from time to time.:)

welcome Lohrs,

I have been to your farm.
don't expect you to remember me but I worked for Dairymen out of Richmond many years ago and then did a few years with Diversey selling cleaners and sanitizers to the dairy industry.

I have Angus Cattle

Jim Tate
Beaverdam, Virginia

A humble hello and Welcome. I hope you will find enjoyment here as I have. These folks can be tough, remember who you are, thats what counts. :D Donna

Latest posts