HEREFORD

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":1r9iigkt said:
Thank you sir.

I can't wait to add some Red Angus to the mix in about a week. Wish me luck at the sale.

Better yet, drive down and lend a hand, and bring your checkbook! LOL!

When and where?

mrvictordomino":18g96621 said:
Here's a few for you Ace, random pic's

Do you have any of the Boyd genes in your herd? I was in the Mayslick Hinton Mills store yesterday. The guy who handled my purchase was talking about the sale at Charlie Boyd's (senior) estate. I went by that farm (they have several counting the son and daughter), there was not one single animal in their pastures. The Herefords are usually on Charlie Senior's place. The son is mainly into Black Angus now. His wife still resides there after his passing but made me wonder if they sold his herd!

One of the biggest problems I see is that some Hereford people constantly bad mouth 75% of Herefords. I got into Herefords 20 years ago I expected Angus people and others of course promote their breed and even point out weakness in Herefords. What I was not expecting was the constant criticism of one kind of Hereford by a small but vocal minority. I was recently at an event where a prospective customer was cornered by a Hereford breeder. I merely sat back and listened. The customer was given a list of why most all Herefords were so inferior and only this breeder and a few others were breeding true Herefords. My theory is produce the best product you can and let the customer decide.

Margonme":23ln3eyw said:
TennesseeTuxedo":23ln3eyw said:
Thank you sir.

I can't wait to add some Red Angus to the mix in about a week. Wish me luck at the sale.

Better yet, drive down and lend a hand, and bring your checkbook! LOL!

When and where?

Lancaster, KY next Saturday. I should roll in around 9:30.

Margonme":1k4fazjz said:
mrvictordomino":1k4fazjz said:
Here's a few for you Ace, random pic's

Do you have any of the Boyd genes in your herd? I was in the Mayslick Hinton Mills store yesterday. The guy who handled my purchase was talking about the sale at Charlie Boyd's (senior) estate. I went by that farm (they have several counting the son and daughter), there was not one single animal in their pastures. The Herefords are usually on Charlie Senior's place. The son is mainly into Black Angus now. His wife still resides there after his passing but made me wonder if they sold his herd!

No Boyd genetics here, closed herd. Line breeding the Victor Domino line.

I think the point here is that good cattle are good cattle, no matter what color their hide is. We are predominantly Simmental, but got the chance to buy a herd of Herefords a few years back at basically kill price. The old man sold the farm, and they had to go quick. I went to the local stockyards to ask about some feeders, ended up with 30 Hereford cows.
Some were good, some not so good, but nothing takes care of itself like a good Hereford cow. Those good ones raise a good a calf as any, plus they bring top dollar with that white face. Where else can you buy something for bottom dollar and turn its product into top dollar?

Beautiful cattle! This is a great thread. Those are some impressive bulls! I am looking forward to more photos.

Our 2 line 1 bulls I like the calves out of these the bull on the right w/ red eyes Coleman in Colorado the other oleen bro in Kansas good folks think a lot of these guys

farmguy":12s25szc said:
One of the biggest problems I see is that some Hereford people constantly bad mouth 75% of Herefords. I got into Herefords 20 years ago I expected Angus people and others of course promote their breed and even point out weakness in Herefords. What I was not expecting was the constant criticism of one kind of Hereford by a small but vocal minority. I was recently at an event where a prospective customer was cornered by a Hereford breeder. I merely sat back and listened. The customer was given a list of why most all Herefords were so inferior and only this breeder and a few others were breeding true Herefords. My theory is produce the best product you can and let the customer decide.

Yes. 100 %. They love to bash the other hereford guy.

Some excellent looking Hereford cattle posted, great thread, thanks for posting!

For mrvicdom or TT or anyone, does Vicdom still use 719T? Carlos that is one good looking tank! Nice bull. All are nice cattle.

Latest posts