Hey Dave just curious?

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king

Reaction score
Have you found any huns, or chuckers on your place? Some pictures of your place have some pretty good looking brushy draws.
Like I say, just curious. This hot weather, and hearing quail singing has me longing for November.

I see lots of chuckers and an occasional Hun. I see them along the river when they are down for water. There is a real good crop of quail this year. There is a big flock of quail in the driveway every morning. Even in the yard sometimes. The pheasants raised good size broods this spring. But no turkey. There was a tom out here making noise this spring. And I saw 4 or 5 hens hanging around with him. Not a turkey in sight in months. I was wanting to shoot a few grouse but they logged pretty heavy in the area I was planning on hunting. I think I need to head west up into the Blue Mountains to find a grouse.
That is the game bird report from my neighborhood.

Dave said:
I see lots of chuckers and an occasional Hun. I see them along the river when they are down for water. There is a real good crop of quail this year. There is a big flock of quail in the driveway every morning. Even in the yard sometimes. The pheasants raised good size broods this spring. But no turkey. There was a tom out here making noise this spring. And I saw 4 or 5 hens hanging around with him. Not a turkey in sight in months. I was wanting to shoot a few grouse but they logged pretty heavy in the area I was planning on hunting. I think I need to head west up into the Blue Mountains to find a grouse.
That is the game bird report from my neighborhood.

Thanks for the report. What species of quail live in your area? My dream is to shoot every specie of quail in north America someday. Would love to take a hunting trip across the western states, and maybe end it in eastern OR.

kenny thomas said:
You have quail?

Yes we do. Thinned the Turkey, and skunk population down, let foxtail grow around fields, and the quail population has really taken off. One of our farms is getting back to populations we had 20+ years ago. This summer has been a real good summer for broods, and looks like they are going to have plenty of winter cover and feed.

Latest posts