Horse hay

Help Support CattleToday:

I wouldn't buy anything from the disbarred attorney with the way he is doing his hay.... look at his hay practices... that's an indication to me that he has no ethics or anything....WOW... no wonder he was disbarred....can't even imagine what he did to get kicked out.

ddd75":3oy6bvqk said:
i know a lady who spent 12.50/sq bale for her horses. she spotted a few clover leaves in it and asked me i I wanted it for .50 cents a bale.

I went and loaded up almost 300 bales. it was pretty good hay but nothing great. 12.50.. wow..
I don't care where your at ill come get it I'll give you $1 and bale for it lol

I've done seen a horse eat tree bark so I don't believe that my horse won't eat this or that crap. Every horse I've ever been around would eat Anything you put out for em

Even if horses have plenty to eat, they will still strip bark off trees. It is in part that they are bored... plus, a horse has a fairly simple digestive tract in that they normally, in the "wild" eat approx 18 to 20 hours a day. They do not "store" any of it like with an animal with a rumen.. so they are constantly looking for something to eat. If they get full, as often they will if given hay to eat continuously, they will get bored with the "same ole same ole" and go to chewing on other stuff. Have you ever seen the big rubber type balls that have the handle on them that they give to them to play with to alleviate the boredom??? Some are worse than others too.

Some of those things look very familiar. Our stables have a few of those things in them, nothing to do with me its my 44 year old daughters horses. Cows are just so much less hassle and heartbreak.

Ken

Latest posts