How to use the Boards...

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ranchwife, when you type your reply and select a smiley it shows up as a letter. It changes to the actual smiley after you submit it. You see it as a letter, everyone else sees it as a smiley.

Farmhand":3qvcpvgj said:
ranchwife, when you type your reply and select a smiley it shows up as a letter. It changes to the actual smiley after you submit it. You see it as a letter, everyone else sees it as a smiley.

:oops: :oops: :oops: this would not be nearly so embarrassing if the cowboy were not sitting to my right, laughing, saying "now ya feel stupid, don't ya"......excuse the "blond moment" or "brain fart"!!

thanks for the update!!!

ranchwife":1hyx0rhd said:
HELP!!! having a brain fart and cannot figure out how to get those damned silly smileys to work....the mouthy cowboy beside me is telling me "just click on 'em honey...that should work"...been there, tried that...all i get is a letter
:D ......see!!
what am i doing wrong....the options say my smilies are enabled!!

To avoid future embarassing problems, preview your post before you submit them.

;-) :) :D :lol:

:nod: :lol2:

I have been paying some attention to the postings on "chicken manure as feed" and now find it is locked.What was/is the reasoning?Dialog on real issues is important and the law on animal by-products is vague,ambiguous and not always based on sound science.I am a Biologist/Ag. Scientist who raised broilers for 20+ years and fed "ensiled broiler litter" for over 10 of those.I think we all need to know why/why not to use.If this is just about bad press,who are we afraid of? Ourselves.

ps We no longer feed litter.But animal by-products are still in nearly all feeds.Ruminant or not.Thanks.

Today I received an e-mail notification that I had a new PM but when I followed the link to my inbox nothing shows up. Last week I sent a PM and after a couple days of no response I went back and checked only to find there was nothing in my SENT or OUTBOX. I guess it just evaporated. Anyone else having these problems?

Macon I seem to be having problems with some P.Ms going into my outbox , but not sending.Any ideas

When you send a PM it goes into your Outbox. When the recipient reads it it then go into your Sentbox.

It appears that the people you are sending it to do not check their PMs on a regular basis.

there is an e-mail addressed to me from over seas.Could you look into it I don't care for its content. Thanks Cindy.

is there a way to change your user name without completely re-registering? i don't have any enemies to hide from or anything like that because i don't post very often. i just wanted to update my name to reflect my ranch name and new brand.

circlet":3pkmjjwh said:
is there a way to change your user name without completely re-registering? i don't have any enemies to hide from or anything like that because i don't post very often. i just wanted to update my name to reflect my ranch name and new brand.

You might have to PM Macon about that. He'll know.

Hello, this is my first post.
I am new to cattle farming - have 3 herfords and one of them has yellow eye drainage. The eye is not red. Does anyone know what this is? :?:

I am researching information on the registration process for the cattle I acquired when I bought my land just outside of SA. I cannot get a straight answer from anyone. Can someone please help me!

Check with the breed organization for the whatever breed of cattle they are

dun

Is there a way to have the boards send you an email of any new posts since my last visit? I read the announcement of how to use the boards and I can't seem to figure out the folder system. When I sign in and click on "view all new posts since last visit", I see the boards with red folders beside them. But then when I enter that board, there are no more red folders. Some of them have the blue stars and some are just plain. But no red. Even if I can see they have new info since my last visit. I love this board! It is so informative! I just want to be able to see all new posts so I don't miss anything!

swampbillies":xmojffc9 said:
Is there a way to have the boards send you an email of any new posts since my last visit? I read the announcement of how to use the boards and I can't seem to figure out the folder system. When I sign in and click on "view all new posts since last visit", I see the boards with red folders beside them. But then when I enter that board, there are no more red folders. Some of them have the blue stars and some are just plain. But no red. Even if I can see they have new info since my last visit. I love this board! It is so informative! I just want to be able to see all new posts so I don't miss anything!

Since we average almost 300 posts a day I don't think you would want that many emails! You can get an email notification when someone answers one of your posts by checking the " Notify me when a reply is posted" box at the bottom of the Post Form.

Best way is to just check the Forums with the red folders (not stars) and the topics within them that have a red folder. You have to have cookies enabled on your computer for this to work.

I just registered onto this site and hopefully some one can help me out???
i am the superentendant at the Barnstable County Fair in Barnstable Mass. (right on Cape Cod!!!) and i am looking for someone to judge the beef show... i need some one who knows beef cattle and fitting and showmanship... i also want someone that is comfortable in giving reason over a microphone to the kids so that they can learn more from the judge...
Also if there is any one looking for a new show to go to i am trying really hard to make it one of the top shows to go too... the placing are 1-7 and premiums start at $35 and down, great prizes too!!! it is 4-H and Open show!!! great fair... check out the web site

http://www.barnstablecountyfair.org

Thanks April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts