I hate rocks

Help Support CattleToday:

This followed me home today

IMG-20180914-_WA0001.jpg

Already have a shulte picker but it was too slow by itself.

If you can move it without using blasting powder it is just gravel.

I fact to really be considered a rock it should require drilling and then loading with powder to move it.

20 hours later I'm ready for planting.The retaining wall was built from the rocks removed although the bigger ones were moved elsewhere because they were useful. I used the backhoe on my tractor, the grapple, the box blade, my road grader and the landscape rake on the tractor to turn it into this. It used to look like the pictures posted earlier of central tx cedar and rocks. The before condition is still evident in the foreground to the second picture. Some of the rocks that are just peaking out are in excess of a ton.

TCRanch":273z9ps5 said:
callmefence":273z9ps5 said:
Is that just one freakishly huge rock with a bunch of little rocks around/on top of it?

I finally got back there and took a few pics of my cave entrances. That atv above sits about halfway in between the entances. The manhole looking entance sprials down 26 feet and is actually quite easy to climb down. It ends in a room 8'x10' connected to a hall that runs 400 feet plus underground to the other entrance. There's 3 other rooms along the way and a fork that we've never explored due to debris. Several Indian mounds scattered around the pasture around it.

callmefence":2syhait5 said:
TCRanch":2syhait5 said:
callmefence":2syhait5 said:
Is that just one freakishly huge rock with a bunch of little rocks around/on top of it?

I finally got back there and took a few pics of my cave entrances. That atv above sits about halfway in between the entances. The manhole looking entance sprials down 26 feet and is actually quite easy to climb down. It ends in a room 8'x10' connected to a hall that runs 400 feet plus underground to the other entrance. There's 3 other rooms along the way and a fork that we've never explored due to debris. Several Indian mounds scattered around the pasture around it.

That would be a great place to build a house.

True Grit Farms":2yas5qkp said:
callmefence":2yas5qkp said:
TCRanch":2yas5qkp said:

That would be a great place to build a house.
It's been discussed.

True Grit Farms":212e8r2z said:
The sides of the hole look really smooth, is that from people crawling in and out of the cave?

Beats me. It was definitely used. We've found points inside and smoke on the ceiling. Red kept it pretty quite. I think he thought the gubermint might stick their horns in. We've always had enough trouble with Arrowhead digger's.

76 Bar":2ziwe3sf said:
Many thanks for the link TCR! Fascinating!
Thanks! When we bought the ranch it hadn't been surveyed since 1879 and the owner gave us all the abstracts dating from the mid 1800's. Lot of history here! When we were building we saw "welcome" carved into a huge rock just outside the subterranean structure - it's now the hearth on the downstairs fireplace.

Latest posts