If you could go back?

Help Support CattleToday:

melking

Reaction score
If you could go back and change one thing you did in 2014, what would it be?

I would go back to the one time in 2014 that I really lost my temper. Nothing was accomplished by it but for me to lose the friendship of a person I respect. I don't blame them, I was very wrong. It cannot be fixed.

melking":1djzq4hk said:

I would go back to the one time in 2014 that I really lost my temper. Nothing was accomplished by it but for me to lose the friendship of a person I respect. I don't blame them, I was very wrong. It cannot be fixed.

I am no saint and have done stuff I probably shouldn't have but my biggest regret was not buying calves to flip earlier in the year. I am sure other things that shouldnt have been said or done by me are there but that one sticks out the most.

I won't go into specifics, but there was a time or two when my mouth was in gear but my brain was in neutral. Not a good combination for me.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda is sheer follie. The things you did in the past that you perceive as being wrong are the things that have helped to form you into the person you are today. The things you think are right in the past has also contributed.

dun":1f77mi73 said:
Shoulda, woulda, coulda is sheer follie. The things you did in the past that you perceive as being wrong are the things that have helped to form you into the person you are today. The things you think are right in the past has also contributed.

x2. Waste of time. Live in the precious present. Don't live in the past and don't get too preoccupied with the future.

He He Ha. Easier said then done.

melking":3uiixze0 said:

I have put that behind us Mel and I am still your friend. :D

Seriously, don't sweat it. Life has a way of leveling things out. What would you rather have?

No hits, No runs, No errors.
OR
Mel, had his hits, hit a few out of the park, and scored a ton or runs. But he committed his share of errors.

I have done several things I regret last year. Probably the biggest was an incident at a rodeo. One of my children was entering the arena through the alley (we consider the alley part of the arena in this paticular association). She was traveling full speed, and a gentleman was standing in the alley (off limits unless your a contestant or helper). He had about a 1/3 of the alley blocked, and had a dog on a leash. The dog barked as she went buy, and the horse jumped through the air sideways. She didn't fall off, and I couldn't tell it affected her run. None the less, I had an extremely bad reaction, that was very out of character for me. The man was a past president, and should have, and did know better. On the inappropriate scale of 1 - 10, my reaction was about 9.5 or better. I wish, that I had just asked him to leave, and pointed out it was a safety issue. Pride won't let me tell you what I did.

I wish I had not made a left turn into oncoming traffic in may.. no injuries other than to vehicles and my pride thankfully. I was on my way to a friends memorial service and I guess I just wasn't all there.

I'd have invited my partner back home from the fencing job for some activity he couldn't resist, so he wasn't cutting the tree which fell on his toe! Maybe in another hour it would have fallen a different way. My fences in that paddock would have been finished last February, instead of this afternoon. :)

Bigfoot":5aw2y0fm said:
I have done several things I regret last year. Probably the biggest was an incident at a rodeo. One of my children was entering the arena through the alley (we consider the alley part of the arena in this paticular association). She was traveling full speed, and a gentleman was standing in the alley (off limits unless your a contestant or helper). He had about a 1/3 of the alley blocked, and had a dog on a leash. The dog barked as she went buy, and the horse jumped through the air sideways. She didn't fall off, and I couldn't tell it affected her run. None the less, I had an extremely bad reaction, that was very out of character for me. The man was a past president, and should have, and did know better. On the inappropriate scale of 1 - 10, my reaction was about 9.5 or better. I wish, that I had just asked him to leave, and pointed out it was a safety issue. Pride won't let me tell you what I did.
I wish that I had beged Bigfoot to swallow his pride and tell me what he did... :D

Dog lovers would crawl from the woodwork :lol:
Worst part is, it was in front of children :cry2:

ALACOWMAN":2n2j9vyv said:
I would have put my tractor in park, before I parked it the day before...

Oh, that don't sound good. I have steep, steep pasture. I never park unless I am at the bottom of the hill. I have a parking gear in the transmission (JD 5083E). It has been explained to me that it is a dead gear that you engage the shift into. I still don't trust it. I would not want to see the tractor heading down one of my hills without me in the cab.

inyati13":1yaejl9m said:
ALACOWMAN":1yaejl9m said:
I would have put my tractor in park, before I parked it the day before...

Oh, that don't sound good. I have steep, steep pasture. I never park unless I am at the bottom of the hill. I have a parking gear in the transmission (JD 5083E). It has been explained to me that it is a dead gear that you engage the shift into. I still don't trust it. I would not want to see the tractor heading down one of my hills without me in the cab.
. Well I got to fix a fence.. And replace my truck bed with a flatbed... Needed that anyway. Just didn't want to tackle it right now..best part of it is,I'm still above ground..thank God..

I'm sure I have said and done some things I shouldn't have, that's a given, but I haven't had any major public explosions some describe. I guess that's the benefit of not participating in many public evens. Not a lot can tick you off when you're on the sofa watching Gunsmoke.

I guess one thing I wish I hadn't done is made that last turn near the edge of the field while bush-hogging. There was a tree just slightly too large and it warped the bush hog. It was on it's last leg anyway, but i wish I could have gotten a little more from it.

Latest posts