international 706

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy":23msnj8k said:
Earl Thigpen":23msnj8k said:
Flatoy, are you and Misty married or sumthin?

Naw, but she wishes! :lol:

How did I miss this? Mr. Thigpen, I'm sure he wishes we were, but hes old enough to be my Grandpa :shock:

Well since we have to plug everything in around here including our current tractor in the winter, plugging in another one wouldn't be any extra work!

circlet":1w9vdxmi said:
most of the posts talking about the 706 being cold blooded are probably accurate for the most part. but in my opinion there isn't much else bad that you can say about an IH 706. these are tough old tractors and there's not much you can do to them that they can't handle. it came out of the factory at 69 hp, you should probably turn it up to 85 or so as most of those old IH tractors ran better at a little above factory.

from "c" series all the way to the "88" series, i just don't think you can find a company with better engineered and more reliable product that farmall/IH. what a sad day when they became case/IH :cry:

Got a 706 and a 756. Both with the 310 german in them. I'd take 2 more just like them in a heartbeat. They are gold hearted but a good block heater and an occasional snort of nose candy and they are ready to work.
Ours are nearing 100 hp with a little tinkering.

I have a 706 with the 310 german diesel. I wouldn,t trade it.If you hold the kill cable out when starting it gives it more fuel and starts very easy. I plug her in for about an hour when its real cold it has a heater in line. Certher cold you tell me what mods I can do to get the 100 horse?