Is it hard to find someone's IP address?

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
No I'm not looking to cyber stock anyone and I don't want details on how to do it. At this point I'm just curious. for example if I was to be banned from CT and came back with another user name, could Macon find my old IP address and compare it with my new user name IP address? Would they be the same?

Thanks

Alan":rxzi2xm2 said:
No I'm not looking to cyber stock anyone and I don't want details on how to do it. At this point I'm just curious. for example if I was to be banned from CT and came back with another user name, could Macon find my old IP address and compare it with my new user name IP address? Would they be the same?

Thanks
i am absolutely not a expert but i think the IP address is your computers address so if your on the same computer its the same IP address
I THINK

It looks to be fairly easy. I just googled "How to find IP address" and the one on my computer came up along with several different 'articles' on how to do it.

Thanks for the replies, I'm now wondering if my IP address on my PC is the same as my IPad. But sound like it's an easy google. Thanks again.

The IP address is given to you by your internet provider... It also comes with a name.. something pretty cryptic usually like NW32544.or.bell.com. The IP address actually changes once in a while, but the name won't.
Most software (forums, etc) will log both.
Here's the catch.. the name is linked to the physical address.. So if you get banned while working from your Ipad or computer at home, that will be what gets banned... You take your Ipad to work, and you can probably get back on (using a different email, username, etc), but if someone is on their game and you log in from your home, they can see that and ban you again (this time also banning your work IP)... If you're really bad, they can ban your entire area.

Latest posts