Kids Saddles Help

Help Support CattleToday:

mbangus

Reaction score
Looking for a decent yet not not a pile of money saddle for a 11 year oid girl. Think synthetic would be the best as her QH is almost 16HH. There is alot to chose from some too cheap & some more then i want to spend as she will out grow in a year. We looked on ebay as there is many styles brand etc. to chose from. But as iam from manitoba canada many brands i have not heard of. We found three that looked ok from a picture but i was just wondering if there any good #1 leather barrel racer made By cheyenne saddery anybody ever heard of them can"t find any info on cheyenne saddley. #2 SYNTHETIC saddle black and purple with hearts made by Double T saddlery. #3 wintec youth all rounder western saddle. I have a wintec dressage saddle but i bought it 10years ago and some people are telling the youth western saddle they make are no good i know the price of it wouldn't pay for a 1/16 of my wintec. So if somebody knows anything about any of them or could come up with somthing else ishould look at would be great thank and happy trails.

lots of import saddles these days.going synthetic makes it a bit safer as it's usually the quality of leather thats in question.
you didn't mention what size seat yer after...
I have a 15" Saddle King of Texas cordura saddle in the shop right now that I took on trade.my wife has ridden it and likes it.The quality is good and it's very light weight.They retail for a little over $500 new.

do you have links to the saddles you are looking at?

I wouldnt go synthetic..my personal opinion..I cant stand them.

There are plenty of "good" leather saddles that arent a bucketload of cash and arent made in India either.

Take a look at Teskeys saddle shop in Weatherford, Texas. We bought my son's saddle there and both of our reining saddles. they are reasonable and the quality is outstanding.

Also, Paul Taylor's in Pilot Point, Texas carries a line..and I cant remember the name of it. My roping saddle was made by them. good quality.

Remember, if you think quality first, youll be happier. When its time to re-sell, youll get better money for it.

The size is 13" sorry i don't know how to post links but i have the ebay item numbers if that will help I've phoned our local tack shop and he checking into the wintec for me.
Cheyenne Saddle 160272625825
Cheyenne Saddle 170193319957
Double T synthetic 160274891308
I'am open to any web site or tack shop Also sent for more info from frontier western Shop in claresholm AB.
Thanks

Just a shot, but do you ever look on craigslist for your areas? If you have activity in the farm and garden area, there may be people there with used great quality saddles, all sizes. Loads here in Arizona. Most are in the $500 range here but have seen some wonderful saddles for $150-$250 that I would've got only they don't fit my POA. Maybe a surrounding person in the states on the border area would be willing to ship to you?

spinandslide is bang on with Teskeys.I have two saddles that I picked up from Julia Teskey and I'm happy with both.I got alot of saddle for the money I spent.The association Wade in particular is a very nice saddle.
I'm pretty sure that the first two saddles you list are imports,and I'd pass on the third on sheer principle. ;-)
If you are shopping on eBay,don't be shy to ask where the saddle is made.Price is the deciding factor in the end.If you have an amount budgeted that's where you shop.This is part of what I do to keep the ranch viable,I buy/sell saddles and tack.I wouldn't mind shopping for you if you like.Tell me what yer lookin for and how much you are looking to spend.

I have bought from these folks before:
Code:
http://stores.ebay.ca/Crudlot-Farms-Saddles-and-Tack
solid,well made saddles for the price tag,and they'll dicker.They have a couple of 13" and 14" in stock.
AND-don't be afraid to buy a used saddle.You can get more saddle used for the same money as new most times.

Thanks for all the info guys but we need to slow these horses down. Iam looking for a saddle that will be used in a 4h club that many kids don't even have horses. the saddle that iam looking for needs to be basic nothing fancy no 1000.00 saddle just somthing she can use on her 20 year gelding. to ride around in the bush with no long miles or heavy work. I have four kids and bse hasn't been easy get the picture. Looking for a decent saddle but nothing over the top as she and i are the only riders in the family and horses are not big thing around here. just keeping 4h going is a task. so some not so well known brands that are decent are just fine. thanks again and keep the info coming

read you loud and clear mbangus.
I have found what should be the answer for you.Real nice saddle,real nice price and from an outfit that knows what they're doin,the Eaton Ranch Saddle co.
shipping will be right around $50 via USPS.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/13-Pony-Saddle-All-L ... dZViewItem

if you decide on this one,let me know when your daughter outgrows it and I'll buy it from you.