Kubota Tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":5pwh39sg said:
Campground why did you sell your Kubota and get a Massey then?

I had 2 Massey' a 135 and a 565
A Ford 3000
A Kubota 245
and Kioto DK 50

I out grew the Kubota 135 Massey and the Ford. Sold the Kubota to my neighbor I can still use it, Matter of fact its parked in the pasture now.
Collector offered me way more than I thought my 135 was worth. Ford just was hard on an old man with armstrong steering.

Neighbor just got his JD 85 hp fw assist. Took 4 months from when he ordered it. Made in China

dun

dun":v43f32s0 said:
Neighbor just got his JD 85 hp fw assist. Took 4 months from when he ordered it. Made in China

dun

Dun I don't know if its true I heard 100hp or bigger still made in the states will have to check. But who needs a 100 hp except rice and wheat farmers.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":5rdvfuqm said:
Ok so when the time comes I guess I need to get what's available local that ya can get parts and serviced. :D

Correct, and get 4 wheel drive with 80 acres you probably need at least a sixty horse. Contact me I can help you save some money until you get your feet on the ground.

Campground Cattle":1uqgx9co said:
dun":1uqgx9co said:

dun

Dun I don't know if its true I heard 100hp or bigger still made in the states will have to check. But who needs a 100 hp except rice and wheat farmers.

Around here if you need a tractor that big you get a trackloader/cat

dun

Campground Cattle":mso3heag said:
Contact me I can help you save some money until you get your feet on the ground.
I'm still trying to get my feet on the ground, too. Maybe you could help me?

Texan":35frx6cg said:
Campground Cattle":35frx6cg said:
Contact me I can help you save some money until you get your feet on the ground.
I'm still trying to get my feet on the ground, too. Maybe you could help me?

Your beyond help, I wouldn't say your as tight as a crabs butt more like bark on a tree. And if you get rid of that old Massey who are going to call to look in the shop manuel or to fax pictures.

Campground Cattle":17sx2txe said:
And if you get rid of that old Massey who are going to call to look in the shop manuel or to fax pictures.
That's not exactly what I need. I'd rather you bring your coveralls, handcleaner and tools! But, thanks anyway!

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":3gsngqyu said:
Does a guy need a plow and disk or can you use a tiller attachment to rough up the soil for planting pasture?

Depending on the soil and flora in the pasture, a tiller may or may not work. You don't really need a plow in most cases, a disk is a good investment. Depends on what work you need to do to renovate the pastures. That's one of those, better wait and see what you need before you start worrying about what you need. If you're budgeting, plan on the worst, if it works out for the better that's found money

dun

dun":7msscoq3 said:
That's one of those, better wait and see what you need before you start worrying about what you need.
That's good advice for you there, Mahoney. You've got plenty of time. Anyway, you don't want to have to do much farming type work around Corsicana. Takes lots of horses in that blackland!

Texan":24qt7ays said:
dun":24qt7ays said:
That's one of those, better wait and see what you need before you start worrying about what you need.
That's good advice for you there, Mahoney. You've got plenty of time. Anyway, you don't want to have to do much farming type work around Corsicana. Takes lots of horses in that blackland!

Thats why I said a minimum of 60 and 4 wheel drive as usual Tex your right , about that blackland

FWIW, I'd suggest that you roam around a bit and get to know your neighbors and local ag related contractors when you make the move to your place in Texas. Not knowing what your pasture looks like its real hard to say what will need to be done at first. I drove around the Corsicana area earlier this summer and saw some beautiful bermuda hay fields and pastures, as well as some that were completely taken over by mesquite and other undesirable species. What you need to do the first year or so may never have to be repeated, so play it by ear and don't overbuy at the start. Its possible that you may have to spray a lot of brush/mesquite and then really tear the ground up, so to speak. If that's the case I think it makes sense to see if you can hire some neighbor or local contractor with a big tractor and an offset disc to do the heavy duty "one time only" work. After you have things under control, for an 82 acre place you can get by with a 50 HP tractor and even a 6 foot shredder and small disc, if you are willing to spend the extra time in the seat. And a 50 HP is generally good enough to MOVE big round bales (at 82 acres I don't think you should even think about buying equipment to bale your own hay). Sure, bigger is nice, but is it practical and economically justifiable for you? Also, the price of repairs seems to go up exponentially as you get bigger and bigger equipment

Arnold Ziffle":35u03gg4 said:
FWIW, I'd suggest that you roam around a bit and get to know your neighbors and local ag related contractors when you make the move to your place in Texas. Not knowing what your pasture looks like its real hard to say what will need to be done at first. I drove around the Corsicana area earlier this summer and saw some beautiful bermuda hay fields and pastures, as well as some that were completely taken over by mesquite and other undesirable species. What you need to do the first year or so may never have to be repeated, so play it by ear and don't overbuy at the start. Its possible that you may have to spray a lot of brush/mesquite and then really tear the ground up, so to speak. If that's the case I think it makes sense to see if you can hire some neighbor or local contractor with a big tractor and an offset disc to do the heavy duty "one time only" work. After you have things under control, for an 82 acre place you can get by with a 50 HP tractor and even a 6 foot shredder and small disc, if you are willing to spend the extra time in the seat. And a 50 HP is generally good enough to MOVE big round bales (at 82 acres I don't think you should even think about buying equipment to bale your own hay). Sure, bigger is nice, but is it practical and economically justifiable for you? Also, the price of repairs seems to go up exponentially as you get bigger and bigger equipment

I have a 50 and its a little light in the butt when moving hay. 60 will do about anything you want and if you do get into baling your own hay you dont have to buy another tractor. The 50 will do it but its real slow. I have found my biggest mistake has been to buy small saving a buck to end up costing me a bundle later in repairs or replacement.

ive got the m68oo 68hp 4wd wloader bout new in 99. i do all my hay work an farming work with it.not had any problems out of it.real workhorse.~~~~~~~~~Tc

Latest posts