looking for good quality headlocks

Help Support CattleToday:

Richardin52

Reaction score
I'm building a new cattle facility this summer and need to buy some headlocks. Does anybody use a brand they would recommend?

I need some that will hold up to beef cattle.

I have a 24' Stoltzfus headlock feed wagon, It has held up to everything I have.

Sizmic

I agree with Priefert but you will pay for them. I'm getting ready to put in an auto head gate and I think I'm going to try Tarter. I dont use one that often and just can't justify the $ for a Priefert

I have had some fry brothers headlocks for over twenty years and they even survived the barn fire and are reinstalled in the new barn. the new barn was built in 2004. So they have been in service for eight years after the fire. I don't know how you can do much better than that.

thendrix":uzu6zcbm said:
I agree with Priefert but you will pay for them. I'm getting ready to put in an auto head gate and I think I'm going to try Tarter. I dont use one that often and just can't justify the $ for a Priefert

What is the cost of these 2 brands?

Foremost makes the best headcatches I've used. I like my Priefert but the 2 or 3 Foremost gates I've used were smooth and rock solid. Got to good a deal on the Priefert to buy anything else for now.

Anyone know of a good distributor in Missouri to buy Foremost Gates from?

NTW":1e1q06tu said:
Anyone know of a good distributor in Missouri to buy Foremost Gates from?

Zeitlow. [urlhttp://www.zeitlow.com/contactm.asp][/url]

Zeitlow Distributing Company
508 Sixth Street
PO Box 85
Boonville, Missouri 65233
Toll Free:
Fax:
E-mail:
[email protected]

Stocker Steve":34gq115q said:
thendrix":34gq115q said:

What is the cost of these 2 brands?

Last I heard the cattlemaster was around $550.

I bought a Priefert squeeze chute a few years ago because of the headgate. I like it because I can catch a bull and then catch a calf without making any adjustments. Also, it is easy to release when an animal goes down.

I don't know what area you are from , I have a creep feeder from Frey brothers in Quarryville Pa. and gates , a head gate and chute from Zimmermans in Ephrata Pa. I'm happy with everything , It's all well built

Latest posts