manual post driver

Help Support CattleToday:

SALTBRANCH2

Reaction score
I need a manual post driver to try and set some 2-3/8" pipe posts. How heavy are you fence guys building these? I have some 3-1/2" Sc40 wall to use. I am just curious weight I need to get them to?

mine is a 2 foot long piece of steel well casing with 1/2'' thick round steel handles and a 3/8'' cap welded on top. ive drove wood posts with it sharpened and wet ground

SALTBRANCH2":2yhjmo0x said:
So what is you materials built list you used to get the 100lbs range?

About 3' of 6" schedule 80, some 1-1/2" tube for handles, and doubled up 1" AR plate for a driving cap. If I could post pics, I'd show ya.

SALTBRANCH2":f3a2q5zp said:

I think you've actually seen this one.
It's about 80 pounds honest.

Here's some back up materials. You can easily get a 100 pounds plus. It's 51/2 drill stem ends. You get up this way I'll give you one.

callmefence":8zlv1fmi said:
SALTBRANCH2":8zlv1fmi said:

Here's some back up materials. You can easily get a 100 pounds plus. It's 51/2 drill stem ends. You get up this way I'll give you one.

Yes I remember seeing that big monster. I need to build a little fence here at the house and thought I might try to set some pipe instead of digging hole cement etc. Plus I got a new to me hobart wire feed to play with. Anyways I was thinking about that big post driver laying on the bed of your truck that day I brought the tractor. I gotta go through my scrap pile and see how much weight I can get together. One of these days I am going to make it back through your hood. I want to get a roll of that barb wire to try out. Maybe you need to buy another tractor down here that I can deliver :cboy:

I've got one Idk what it weighs but you ain't just gonna pick it up with out dange sure wanting to. It's been laying in same spot for 2 years every time I walk by it my back hurts

SALTBRANCH2":1boo44gg said:
callmefence":1boo44gg said:
SALTBRANCH2":1boo44gg said:

Yes I remember seeing that big monster. I need to build a little fence here at the house and thought I might try to set some pipe instead of digging hole cement etc. Plus I got a new to me hobart wire feed to play with. Anyways I was thinking about that big post driver laying on the bed of your truck that day I brought the tractor. I gotta go through my scrap pile and see how much weight I can get together. One of these days I am going to make it back through your hood. I want to get a roll of that barb wire to try out. Maybe you need to buy another tractor down here that I can deliver :cboy:

Maybe
Tractors are like guns....you just can't have to many.

Latest posts