Might be looking to move

Help Support CattleToday:

I think if I was planning to move and found a place to my liking I would soil test to see where I would be and calculate the cost of bringing it up to standards for what ever grass I was planning on.

Hook2.0":ycg837i9 said:
Not a political post. If Florida's governor ends up being Gillum, I'll be selling out and moving, ahead of schedule. We've been talking about it anyway for a few years. Looking at Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia or West Virginia. At least 100 acres, good mix of woods and pasture with a decent house on it.
If you all hear about anything that might fit the bill, let me know.

The women I bbn lease from is selling out, i can't afford it nice farm 236 acres, new fence around most 2 ponds, 1 spring. The woods was cut several years ago but it has good deer hunting and small game. The house is an old trailer added on to. Depends on how picky you are for a house. It does have some beautiful cliffs that surround on most of one side. If your interested I'll send you the link to the realtor when they get it posted

Lived outside of Huntsville AL most of my life and like middle TN a whole lot better. I like the people here even if the land isn't great. Looking at the last local election returns it looks like the democrats got blown out big time so you don't have to worry about Tn going left anytime soon.

shaz":3e1g4tmk said:
Lived outside of Huntsville AL most of my life and like middle TN a whole lot better. I like the people here even if the land isn't great. Looking at the last local election returns it looks like the democrats got blown out big time so you don't have to worry about Tn going left anytime soon.

Amen to that!

shaz":hvk8j56p said:
The problem with Tennessee is Nashville and the people that live in the suburbs around it.

True Grit Farms":1pgha0cz said:
shaz":1pgha0cz said:
The problem with Tennessee is Nashville and the people that live in the suburbs around it.

He's probably not looking to start a cattle operation around the Nashville area wouldn't you think?

True Grit Farms":1t4m6e6k said:
shaz":1t4m6e6k said:

And if that keeps your goofy azz in Georgia all the better.

If I was looking to move to Tennessee, I'd start looking at Johnson City and go from there. One of the best areas in the country.

Hook2.0":2dr2dt0u said:
ga.prime":2dr2dt0u said:
If I was looking to move to Tennessee, I'd start looking at Johnson City and go from there. One of the best areas in the country.
Funny you say that. There's a couple listings there that are interesting.
We're going up the week after or during Christmas and putting eyes on a few
You might end up in North Carolina or Virginia, they're in shouting distance of Johnson City. Nothing wrong with that. Such a great area in so many ways. Best apples I ever bought at a roadside stand was just outside Johnson City.

ga.prime":5vr15i4z said:
Hook2.0":5vr15i4z said:
ga.prime":5vr15i4z said:
Funny you say that. There's a couple listings there that are interesting.
We're going up the week after or during Christmas and putting eyes on a few
You might end up in North Carolina or Virginia, they're in shouting distance of Johnson City. Nothing wrong with that. Such a great area in so many ways. Best apples I ever bought at a roadside stand was just outside Johnson City.

The Bristol/Kingsport/Johnson City/Abington area in TN is nice as I live not far from those. If you like it a little less flat and where the poor folks are at come Northwest a little and you will find them.

jd720":rh52loft said:
There`s still plenty of places in Tennessee that can be bought reasonably just not in our area. For anything in Middle Tennessee I would look on realtracs.com that`s how we found our place It will let you search by minimum acres. Anything in the counties around Nashville has gotten priced unreasonable though.

Agreed. What county are ya'll in near nashville?

shaz":3g603kjp said:
True Grit Farms":3g603kjp said:
shaz":3g603kjp said:

He's probably not looking to start a cattle operation around the Nashville area wouldn't you think?

Shaz, what part if middle TN are you in? Down around Shelbyville and columbia is nice..and far enough away from high tax and traffic..

Dixie2542":1x9c8xcy said:
shaz":1x9c8xcy said:
True Grit Farms":1x9c8xcy said:

Shaz, what part if middle TN are you in? Down around Shelbyville and columbia is nice..and far enough away from high tax and traffic..

I live in Franklin but our farm is 250 miles to the north. Where are you located Dixie2542?

Dixie2542":165pf6ef said:
shaz":165pf6ef said:
True Grit Farms":165pf6ef said:

I live in Lewisburg and the farm is less than a mile outside Petersburg on 129 East.
Both Shelbyville and Columbia are nice but I really like Lewisburg the best. It's about 10k people.

Read how this foot ball player found his farm You might just explore the area you want and see a place you might like and just drive up and tell the owners that you are looking for a place and you really do like your place and would it might be for sale. Never know they might be ready to move and do not want to list and pay the 6 percent most realtors charge.

https://www.growingagreenerworld.com/ja ... to-farmer/

I had family that lived in the Kingsport/Johnson City area. From what I gathered, meth was the big money mover there.
Hopefully it has changed.

greybeard":3pjidcim said:
I had family that lived in the Kingsport/Johnson City area. From what I gathered, meth was the big money mover there.
Hopefully it has changed.

If East Tennessee is like it is here in east Ky then I would say that element likely hasn't changed.

I live in Franklin but our farm is 250 miles to the north. Where are you located Dixie2542?[/quote]

I like how my phone says I'm online all the time when I'm not..sorry bout that. We're about 40min south of u (near shaz) but work in tornado ally hsv. I have family up near u in Nolensville, Mboro and Nashville though. Man that area is exploding in growth...

Latest posts