milking shorthorn heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

glover36

Reaction score
P1000346.jpg

P1000349.jpg

P1000350.jpg
P1000354.jpg

those would be two of the heifers in a sale sept 6th for milking shorthorns both bred and due to calve oct

Those are the best looking Milking Shorthorns I've seen in a long time. Around here they tend to look like colored Jerseys but without the Jersey muscle.

I may not be a good enough judge here, however I would prefer the others, which you pictured before the show heifer at this point.
Right wrong or indifferent, my opinion.

yeah i do to but its what the judges want so u try to please them, shes is thicker know

glover36":2utc36wk said:
yeah i do to but its what the judges want so u try to please them, shes is thicker know

True, however isn't it rather a joke we need to breed something other than working cattle so the judges like them???

yes it is, but its what appeals to some peoples eyes and they are willing to pay for it, for example the showier heafer i have gotten offered 5000 for her and the other two people are only willing to 2000

glover36":ham67u8x said:
heres one of our showier heifers
P1000144.jpg

That's the colored Jersey but without the Jersey muscle I was talking about. My only interest in Milking Shorthorns was as oxen and these these scrawny butt cows produce scrawny butt bull/steers without any pull to them.

yeah i will try and get a picture of this bull we are raising now, looks like a beef shorthorn not dairy tonnes of muscle

Latest posts