My Fence Project

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
They are finishing my "Government" fence today.  Not counting my Civil Service Retirement, Medicare, Federal Highways, Natinal Defense, Education and all the other benefits of being a US Citizen - they are helping me make it as a farmer.  Best of all, I know my fellow Americans are benefiting also.  One happy NATION.

This is my 6th CAIP project in the last 9 years.  All together, I have now fenced my farm, built a cattle handling facility, put in a heated automatic watering system, and bought 6 heifers.  I am now selling heifers under CAIP.  I am running out of things to do! Do I feel guilty?  Absolutely!  I think it creates Bad Juju or Karma.  IDK.  I guess I will just take each day as it comes.

The boss setting one of the point posts.
2ur2h4g.jpg

Old fence meets new fence heading right. Using all Tornado Wire. 1800 linear feet.

2ecg6cy.jpg

30j7hit.jpg

First bend. Double brace. The fence is mostly a straight shot. 8 foot end post. 7 foot line post.

33nysev.jpg

2mq0tw7.jpg

2ngbq8n.jpg

callmefence":3lra9l7p said:
That rig looks familiar. Idk why......

What did your man think of the wire??
The boss man only drives post. They finished yesterday. Today, a 4 man fencing crew showed up. All Mexicans - good guys, I have been having fun with them. Not meaning this in a derogatory way but here is how the conversation went on the wire:

Me: How do you like the wire?
Head man: Look good. Knotted good. Will not know until it stretches.

Later:
Me: How did you like It?
Head man: Good wire. Stretches good. Not break.

Kevin said he rarely wires. He did say it looked well made.

callmefence":3kirdwhf said:

Because I sent you the same picture yesterday after we talked about mid mount drivers?

Fence looks good, Ron.

Farm Fence Solutions":qnclmz8j said:
callmefence":qnclmz8j said:

Because I sent you the same picture yesterday after we talked about mid mount drivers?

Fence looks good, Ron.

I knew I'd seen it before....I'd decided that must be one ear Kevin from over at Briggs. Didn't really look like him though.

callmefence":3sdck5ju said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3sdck5ju said:
callmefence":3sdck5ju said:

Fence looks good, Ron.

I knew I'd seen it before....I'd decided that must be one ear Kevin from over at Briggs. Didn't really look like him though.

Ol' man Briggs' boy?

Nice fence, I hope you enjoy it. I'll keep working and paying my taxes. At least those messicans ain't getting freebies.

jehosofat":2hcwfwfz said:
Nice fence, I hope you enjoy it. I'll keep working and paying my taxes. At least those messicans ain't getting freebies.

This didn't come from your taxes. My Medicare did. But this Money came earmarked from China.

Farm Fence Solutions":20za6b3c said:
callmefence":20za6b3c said:
Farm Fence Solutions":20za6b3c said:

Fence looks good, Ron.

Ol' man Briggs' boy?

That's him. Well supposed ol man Briggs boy. Don't look nothing like him . Word is ol Jess Knight was digging under his back fence.

Unless things have changed.......CAIP is not govt money. It is the phase one tobacco money that the states that participated in the tobacco buyout got their hands on. Phase two was what the tobacco farmers got....this all came from the tobacco companies.
instead of all the money going to the farmers like it should have...the states got in on the deal and said we should have half that money. and so they dole it out a little at a time ...once a year for farmers to be able to diversify away from tobacco.
so, no I don't feel guilty about getting caip funds...that's was my money and all other former tobacco farmers money to start with. Here in my county they give it to all farmers who apply whether they ever raised tobacco or not.

Banjo":v81ui12j said:
Unless things have changed.......CAIP is not govt money. It is the phase one tobacco money that the states that participated in the tobacco buyout got their hands on. Phase two was what the tobacco farmers got....this all came from the tobacco companies.
instead of all the money going to the farmers like it should have...the states got in on the deal and said we should have half that money. and so they dole it out a little at a time ...once a year for farmers to be able to diversify away from tobacco.
so, no I don't feel guilty about getting caip funds...that's was my money and all other former tobacco farmers money to start with. Here in my county they give it to all farmers who apply whether they ever raised tobacco or not.

Banjo. The reason I presented this as government money is because it does not matter. You are wasting your time!!!

Murder money. Why did the tobacco companies have to pay, and the one's that supplied the tobacco didn't? And as far as government money goes, enlighten me on who pays for the Medicare and Medicaid bills because of tobacco products?
Nice looking fence no matter who paid for it.

True Grit Farms":2e3d35ep said:
Murder money. Why did the tobacco companies have to pay, and the one's that supplied the tobacco didn't? And as far as government money goes, enlighten me on who pays for the Medicare and Medicaid bills because of tobacco products?
Nice looking fence no matter who paid for it.

The buyout ended the years long quota system, govt support price, bases, etc. Incidentally, none of that cost the govt anything , it was all paid for by the farmers. The buyout paid the farmers for their base .....some had a little bit and some had a lot.
Tobacco goes back for generations....anybody in their right mind knows its not good for you in any form. Many factors come into play like smoking 5 cigarettes a day or 3 packs a day.
Many a farm in this country was paid for growing tobacco. Most tobacco farmers I know are good people...just trying to make a living.
What the tobacco companies do with it after they get it....well, that may be a whole other story....

Latest posts