Need working facility

Help Support CattleToday:

The 2 7/8 drill pipe that is used in slim hole completions or work strings generally has different collars and is heavier.

Production tubing is what most people are building stuff like pens and panes out of.

Once a well doesn't have the bottom hole pressure to flow up the casing (like 4 1/2) they run a production string (2 3/8, 2 7/8, etc). Smaller ID pipe is easier to flow up because it can't hold the same amount of fluid which suppresses the well and can load it up.

After that when the well won't flow they add some sort of artificial lift to the tubing string like gas lift valves, jet pump, esp, plunger, rod pump, etc.

My family had little shallow gas wells that didn't make much and they had 1 1/2 pipe in them. They called is a velocity string.

The kicker is, tubing strings for wells are costly. It doesn't get changed out for no reason. They get eroded, or rod cut, or dont test, etc. Once pipe is exposed to h2s or co2 it's always imbeded in the pipe. When it's brought to surface and exposed to oxygen it starts to rust. High amounts of water flowed through pipe causes NORM.

You have to know where the tubing is coming from, especially now days. Most of the modern Shale play wells are dirty and not some where you would want tubing from.

I've had the best luck with nice calm mama cows and a good gentle bull. They produce calves for me that I can move easily by myself. I don't whoop and hollar and go slow n easy. Most times I load em by myself. Cows too. They are always easy going for me. Anything that's stupid left a long time ago.

My pen/loading area is laughable to most folks. My buddy helped a bit last time. He's always amazed. Only guy he knows that pets his animals while loading them. 🤣
I took three calves to the market last month. First time I had ever done it myself. I had the calves in a one acre lot. The day before I was going to haul them, I parked my 16 ft stock trailer in there, put a wash tub in the trailer with some grain and left the door open. The three calves walked in by themselves. The next morning I rattled the drain bucket, walked in the trailer and the caves walked right in. I poured the grain in the tub, walked out the side door, to the back of the trailer and closed the door. Let them finish the grain, opened the side door, pulled out the tub, and off we went. Whole process took about ten minutes. I felt a little guilty when they just followed me in like puppies, not knowing where they were going…

One more thing comes to mind on tubing that I see. I had an uncle who insisted on upgrading every thing to class 3 galvanized tpost clips, galvanized tposts, some special galvanized wire, and maybe even staples. I don't even remember all the nonsense. Then he wanted to use unpainted tubing for corners. That's like washing your hands with soap and then rinsing the soap off with toilet bowl water. You defeated the purpose.

We did not do that.

Latest posts