New 3-Point Tiller Recommendations

Help Support CattleToday:

TN Cattle Man

Reaction score
I need to replace my worn out tiller and was wondering if any of Y'all had any recommendations... good or bad and why. I am needing a 72" tiller for the watermelons and will be primarily using a 55hp JD to do the work. Need to get one fairly soon, so looking forward to hearing your opinions.

Brian

If you can find one, an old Howard is the best, but would be a handful at 72" for a 55hp tractor to lift and turn... All the other tillers I see out there, Maschio, etc all look really lightly built.. Might work if you don't have any rocks and aren't tilling sod though.

Is this to till the melon vines in after harvest or when planting (or both?) We have a 60" tiller that works just fine for 6' wheel center bed spacing.. We did squash, carrots and onions for years

Not sure what I was thinking... Yes, the 60" (5 ft.) is what I am wanting. The tiller that I currently have is an older Howard. It was a good tiller, but leaning now towards a total gear-driven tiller. Looking at the Land Pride as well as a local Tennessee manufacturer called Titan Implements.

I use the tiller to both plant (building the bed rows) as well as after harvest. I do need a heavy built tiller as we do have some rocky sections in the bottoms that we grow our melons.

We've had a Bush Hog brand tiller for 15 years, never had a problem with it. First 10 yrs we had it, tilled 3/4 of an acre twice a year, for FIL every year. Now only 10 yds X 30 yds every year twice a year.

Latest posts