New babies

Help Support CattleToday:

jschoolcraft86

Reaction score
Two new babies born this week, I'm up to 8 this month so far. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the big groups of calves out hanging out in the pasture. It always looks like a daycare with one or two babysitters and a mob of babies.

Both cows were from the sale barn so it's a mystery to me. The sires were some commercial brangus bulls.

The tagging has been smooth so far this year. Had some moments helping the neighbor across the road tag one of her beefmasters this week but my ladies have behaved

jschoolcraft86 said:
Both cows were from the sale barn so it's a mystery to me.

Ahhh....ok.

If anyone else has an idea, maybe they can pm me, or post here if your ok with that ....

Hereford is one part IMO :D

I'd bet she has a little bit of longhorn influence. I don't think you'd get the speckles on her brisket with any combination of Hereford and a solid colored animal.

Kingfisher, Buck Randall, your both talking about the cow ?

I might start a post in breeds about mine, she is a mysterybag, a real reverse engineering/guessgenering problem :)

PS...the cow could be considered a red baldy ? But that means Hereford and Red Angus.

Are longhorn not often a solid red ? Longhorn bull to Hereford to get cow, maybe ? (or vice versa)

Latest posts