Not Happy

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
After being totally P.O. driving to downtown Houston. MRI and Cat scan scheduled for next week. Neurosurgeon looking to see if the cervical fusion failed or the disc below has failed.
It will have to be my only option before I let them cut my throat again. I will get the nerves burned first. It will have to be like last time option was surgery or wheelchair.

Don't trust anyone in the medical field it's a big business and they'll cut you to pieces for a dollar. I went to 3 different surgeon's and 2 out of the 3 told me close to the same thing. I tried the laser micro surgery and it didn't help for long. Whatever you decide get 2 or 3 different opinions at least.

Caustic Burno":1kp2rwf3 said:
Don't worry surgery will be last resort.
That is a bad surgery to recover from.

Well cutting your throat saves 3 months of rehab compared to going through from the back. You know as well as I do that without surgery you're not going to have any kind of life. Constant neck and shoulder pain is way worse than being married and the fix cheaper.

TCRanch":3bmzv0dl said:
Uh-oh, don't like the sound of this. And a friend of ours recently had the nerves burned - hasn't seemed to help so far. Sending good luck!

Been fine up to about a month ago.
Arm pain just came on and has never went away.

Caustic Burno":28z67udd said:
TCRanch":28z67udd said:
Uh-oh, don't like the sound of this. And a friend of ours recently had the nerves burned - hasn't seemed to help so far. Sending good luck!

What kind of pain? Similar to before the surgery or in your muscles? If it's in your muscles are you taking Lipitor/Atorvastatin or any other Statin? That can cause muscle pain & weakness.

If it like mine, it's feels like a nerve from spine that runs down your arm..it really comes to life when my head is turned for any length of time, or driving fence post..

TCRanch":22uirft4 said:
Caustic Burno":22uirft4 said:
TCRanch":22uirft4 said:

What kind of pain? Similar to before the surgery or in your muscles? If it's in your muscles are you taking Lipitor/Atorvastatin or any other Statin? That can cause muscle pain & weakness.

No statins.
From preliminary X-ray shows degeneration in C7 T1 and C3 and C4.
Cat Scan and MRI are to verify that all fusion are still good.
Arm pain back pain as bad as before just moved lower.

Caustic Burno":16mtbwbg said:
TCRanch":16mtbwbg said:
Caustic Burno":16mtbwbg said:

No statins.
From preliminary X-ray shows degeneration in C7 T1 and C3 and C4.
Cat Scan and MRI are to verify that all fusion are still good.
Arm pain back pain as bad as before just moved lower.
Oh dang! (actually, Oh be-nice but that's now allowed on the forum). I thought C3 & 4 were from the first time. Either way, not good and I really hate to hear this.
Hubby still has limited dexterity in his hands, none at all if they're cold. Arms are atrophied but slowly regaining some strength. Pain off-n-on but much better.

My brother had the spine and shoulder stuff and swore he would never let them cut on him. Wasn't very long after he said that he would have let them work on him with a hatchet if necessary. He's done very well after surgery and they swore there was no hatchet used. Good luck, CB.

TCRanch":10o8wk8p said:
ALACOWMAN":10o8wk8p said:
If it like mine, it's feels like a nerve from spine that runs down your arm..it really comes to life when my head is turned for any length of time, or driving fence post..
Bingo! Exactly how my husband described it.

You have to do some lifestyle changes after this surgery.
If a t post gets driven in the ground it's by my 27 year old neighbor who thinks I am a saint.

We won't tell your 27 year old neighbor any different !!!!

It really "bites" to not be able to do what could be done just a few years ago. I know. I hope that they can figure out something to help.....

farmerjan":3uki3vcg said:

It really "bites" to not be able to do what could be done just a few years ago. I know. I hope that they can figure out something to help.....

He is getting started I let him use my trailers and pay him to work for me, along with buying hay from him.
Really fine young man working hard at being a good husband,dad and cattleman. I trust him completely he has keys to everything I own.

Caustic Burno":20jsq0on said:
TCRanch":20jsq0on said:
ALACOWMAN":20jsq0on said:
Bingo! Exactly how my husband described it.

You have to do some lifestyle changes after this surgery.
If a t post gets driven in the ground it's by my 27 year old neighbor who thinks I am a saint.
I wouldn't let anybody that dumb on my place. lololol ;-)

TCRanch":3c50fd98 said:
Caustic Burno":3c50fd98 said:
TCRanch":3c50fd98 said:

BTDT. I normally don't believe in any of the 'supplements' but something called CoQ-10 relieved those side effects for me.
2x/day 200mg ea

greybeard":3sn3mynv said:
TCRanch":3sn3mynv said:
Caustic Burno":3sn3mynv said:
BTDT. I normally don't believe in any of the 'supplements' but something called CoQ-10 relieved those side effects for me.
2x/day 200mg ea

One of my brothers started with the CoQ-10, it made a world of difference for him.

Caustic Burno":3oljj0s3 said:
After being totally P.O. driving to downtown Houston. MRI and Cat scan scheduled for next week. Neurosurgeon looking to see if the cervical fusion failed or the disc below has failed.
It will have to be my only option before I let them cut my throat again. I will get the nerves burned first. It will have to be like last time option was surgery or wheelchair.

I'm very sorry to hear this. :(

I sure hope that there is a simple way to deal with this.

Caustic Burno":1z844flg said:
farmerjan":1z844flg said:

He is getting started I let him use my trailers and pay him to work for me, along with buying hay from him.
Really fine young man working hard at being a good husband,dad and cattleman. I trust him completely he has keys to everything I own.

Sounds like you have lucked out with a great neighbor!!! And someone who will be able to carry on with your cattle when the day comes that you are unable to do it any more. Maybe some day I will be able to find someone to take my nurse cows, who is like your neighbor.... If my son doesn't get married and have any kids soon, then he will be looking for someone to follow in his foot steps. Nice to have someone who you can rely on that you trust like that, when you need them.

Latest posts