Not young but still stupid

Help Support CattleToday:

aplusmnt

Reaction score
I might not be young and stupid anymore well at least not the young part.

Family went to the lake today and I am home alone, been watching for heat on some heifer that we just pulled Cidr's on. Got bored and went for a ride on the four wheeler. To make a long story short, decided to climb the side of a rail road bridge overpass down from house.

Ended up high siding and rolling down the embankment with the 4-Wheeler on top of me and me crying like a little baby. Back is messed up and so sore it hurts to crap. :cry:

I think it is worse to be old and stupid, than it was to be young and stupid. At least when I was young stuff did not hurt so much. :cry:

Park the 4 wheeler an walk, its safer and walking is good for you.

O, sorry i guess you found that out.
Hope your not hurt bad.

Getting sorer and sorer, but nothing the chiropractor can not fix. I hate going to them though, guess that is my punishment for being stupid.

Worse thing is I talked to wife and she said I am grounded and can not ride 4-Wheeler any more. She said she was worried about kids but thought I was old enough to be smarter than this.

I use to race dirt bikes when I was a kid all the way until I was in my thirties. Use to a wreck like that I would have continued racing that day, now in mid 40's and I can barely walk. Every ten years I get older seems to bring a lot more restrictions on the body. :(

my mother wont let me get a 4 wheeler cause we know too many people who've gotten hurt on them. the final deciding point would have had to been when one of my friends was riding and she lost control and went through a barbed wire fence and slit her throat. luckily she didnt die. but it ruined my chances of ever gettin one. but me and dad are gonna get a gator. those are more productive for us anyway. hope ya wasnt hurt too bad.

aplus....hope you feel better soon, they say as you get older you regress, a long hot soak in the tub with mussle relaxers, if you have Radox bath salts over there, I have found them to be quite good, and you might feel a bit better. Take care.....Chris.

ps you should have taken pic's on the way down :lol: ...only kidding

aplusmnt":3pd2iz2x said:
Getting sorer and sorer, but nothing the chiropractor can not fix. I hate going to them though, guess that is my punishment for being stupid.

Worse thing is I talked to wife and she said I am grounded and can not ride 4-Wheeler any more. She said she was worried about kids but thought I was old enough to be smarter than this.

I use to race dirt bikes when I was a kid all the way until I was in my thirties. Use to a wreck like that I would have continued racing that day, now in mid 40's and I can barely walk. Every ten years I get older seems to bring a lot more restrictions on the body. :(

Good for your wife. :lol: Hope you feel better soon. My husband fell out of a mobile home he was inspecting and skinned one side of his body last Monday. He's still bruised and scabbed, but otherwise healing.

My 11 year old daughter made me feel like an idiot today. She saw were I tried to climb and then she asked me if I put the 4-Wheeler in Low. Now I feel real stupid, I never drive it in Low so I forgot about it even having a low drive. Only reason ever to put it in Low is to climb a hill or pull something, seeing how I was climbing a hill, you would think I would have been smart enough to do that. It probably would have climbed right up the hill in low. :oops:

aplusmnt":mrustr95 said:
My 11 year old daughter made me feel like an idiot today. She saw were I tried to climb and then she asked me if I put the 4-Wheeler in Low. Now I feel real stupid, I never drive it in Low so I forgot about it even having a low drive. Only reason ever to put it in Low is to climb a hill or pull something, seeing how I was climbing a hill, you would think I would have been smart enough to do that. It probably would have climbed right up the hill in low. :oops:

Are you gonna go try it again, in low this time? :shock: :lol: :lol: :stop:

JMichal":3s3v4um1 said:
aplusmnt":3s3v4um1 said:

Are you gonna go try it again, in low this time? :shock: :lol: :lol: :stop:

I been thinking about it :lol: My teen son says that failure of being in low was not the problem. He says I underestimated my my age to weight ratio. :lol:

Latest posts