Passing

Help Support CattleToday:

The die is cast for the dead so concentrate your efforts on the living where love, charity and prayer can still work miracles.
I pray you are able to mourn without regret for happy tears will help heal a broken heart. Blessings to you in His Name ,,LVR

It is with a heavy heart that I am posting that my dad has passed away this morning. He went through a rough patch after my mom passed in June, then seemed to get on an even keel and even take an interest in things. Then he was doing some mowing of the lawn, and went off the flatter area and down the driveway, managed to flip the tractor and pinned himself... had to life flight him to hosp....got cut up bad, bruises, nearly tore off an ear; wound up with a broken clavicle (collar bone) and a couple broken ribs....yet he seemed to start to rebound from that.... came home a week ago, and talked to him a couple times... but it seemed he sorta took a turn for the worse and passed in his sleep this morning.
I think he really did not want to live after my mom went.... and gave up. Will know more about arrangements by tomorrow eve after brother meets with them tomorrow afternoon.

It was especially hard to hear that, because not an hour earlier my son came and got me because his australian sheperd got into the discbine and he was in near hysterics... she was in very bad shape and would not have made a trip to the vet so I had to put her down because he couldn't. I could barely deal with that when I got the news about my father an hour later.
And it was 12 years ago, on the 22nd, that we lost my 17 yr old niece to an infection around her heart after fighting off leukemia. She died 2 days before her fathers' birthday, and they buried her the day after his birthday.

I used to love the fall, now it is just sad......

@farmerjan I am so sorry! And not long ago, I mentioned how much I love your dads spunk. Honestly, I agree that he was lost without your mom and subsequently lost the will to live. Double whammy, having to put your sons dog down after such a horrific accident.

Prayers to all of your family and hugs to you.

@farmerjan 🤗 *hugs This is all sad news, I can't imagine. It's alot to take in. I hope one day you will find peace and still enjoy fall. Remember all the wonderful memories with your parents and niece. Know they are at peace. Sending hugs. Will say a prayer for you and your family.

Sorry for your loss, you have had a tough go of it lately. Hope it turns around for you real soon.

rein103.jpg

So sorry to hear about all the tragedies you have going on right now. Hopefully a bright ray of sunshine and much better days are right around the corner.

I'm sorry to read of your loss Jan. Sometimes it seems life doesn't give us a break from hardship and this is one of those times.

"When we are overcome by sadness, fear, or suffering; when the pains of loss overwhelm us; when evil seems to have taken power; let us look to the cross and be filled with peace, knowing that Christ has walked this road and walks it now with us and with all our brothers and sisters." ~St Teresa of Avila

Latest posts