Photo Contest Suggestions

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Well, I'll be running the photo contest for now and open to suggestions. Did you prefer the previous format with entries being submitted via pm (now to me) and displayed in a poll? Submitter of the photo(s) is anonymous until the end of the poll & the winner is announced. Or are you fine with just uploading your pic to the current month thread? I'm good with the winner picking the next months subject. Any other ideas to format or tweak how it's been? But this is for everyone, so I'll run it the way majority rules.

Thanks!

I think the original way Allison did was best but I'm sure it was a pain.
The way she'll did it might work if everyone would wait to start hitting the like button until all the pictures are posted. Pretty much useless the way it was being done. It's not a contest when you vote before you see the entries.

The way she'll did it might work if everyone would wait to start hitting the like button until all the pictures are posted. Pretty much useless the way it was being done. It's not a contest when you vote before you see the entries.
X2

X3

I preferred the way Alison did it because you saw all photos at once, unfortunately i think it was dieing from the hassle. Maybe with the new software and ease of loading photos it might be better.

I very much prefer the way Alisonb did it and, with the photo submitter's name to remain anonymous to all voters until the end of each contest and all the submitted photos being displayed as the same size.
It's really not a lot of work. (I've done it on a different board)
And YES to the poll.

I'm sure you have plenty enough of experience resizing photos due to your cattle photo sales.
You are an excellent choice to run this!!
Looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Latest posts