Photo contest

Help Support CattleToday:

Glad to hear all went well. I shall continue to keep you in my prayers.
My husband went Tuesday for his blood work and oncologist visit. Got a great report. He had bladder cancer surgery March 31, 2010. Diagnosed in October 2009. Took six Chemo treatments , one every two weeks and then had his bladder removed. God has been good to us. I did not know if we could get through it and live a normal life again, but everything has gone so well. We thank God every day. I know all will go well for you.

True Grit Farms":3qyym60w said:
Sure wish Mrs. Hillsdown or AlisonB would get this thread back on track.

How about we start up again at the end of calving for me, which should be the middle of February.

hillsdown":202pxgn6 said:
True Grit Farms":202pxgn6 said:

How about we start up again at the end of calving for me, which should be the middle of February.
That sounds great! Been missing the Photo Contest.
Glad your doing better.

And might I suggest a calf photo contest, for the first?

I would love to see the photo contest come back, but your health is so much more important. Bring it back when you're ready!

Alan

I won't be started calving by then yet, but it sounds good to me... My only request is that the topic for the next contest be posted 2 weeks in advance when possible, 1 week is just a little tight for me to be able to take a decent picture and come to town to upload it.

Clickety clickety!.. looking forward to the pictures again! The picture of my bull in my avatar made it as the cover of the Facebook "Cow talk" group this month :)

hillsdown":gyp2lu47 said:
True Grit Farms":gyp2lu47 said:

That sounds like a fine idea True Grit Farms. Alisonb will unfortunately not be able to assist but thankfully Hillsdown looks like she is going to run with it...it should be a breeze for her.

alisonb":1nuzj6b5 said:
That sounds like a fine idea True Grit Farms. Alisonb will unfortunately not be able to assist but thankfully Hillsdown looks like she is going to run with it...it should be a breeze for her.

Where have you been all this time and why do you revert to talking about yourself in the third person?

Nesikep's idea is good. With two weeks advance warning the contest could be run a little less often but with more participation.
Will look forward to it if you do restart.

regolith":1pevjm3i said:
Where have you been all this time and why do you revert to talking about yourself in the third person?
Well you see...there is Ali and there is Alisonb, so Ali must have been typing that message :p :lol:

Seriously, it's been awful here. We have had exactly 49mm of rain this whole season and have endured a heatwave with temps in the early 40's. Have had a lot of things to sort out...

alisonb":twp8hcns said:
regolith":twp8hcns said:
Well you see...there is Ali and there is Alisonb, so Ali must have been typing that message :p :lol:

Seriously, it's been awful here. We have had exactly 49mm of rain this whole season and have endured a heatwave with temps in the early 40's. Have had a lot of things to sort out...
I feel for you. That's how it was here last June to October. High temps were a few degrees cooler but that really didn't make a whole lot of difference. Our saving grace was we had 30 inches going into the drought and got 30 inches coming out of it. Best of luck to you.

I see. Quite bad enough here and we've had about that much rain in the last six or eight weeks, probably - this area missed out on the last two chances of rain and now trying to sell cows asap. Just thankful that since nearly everyone else got rain, someone somewhere will be able to feed them.
Good luck to you.

We had 2 inches of soft soaking rain this morning and more is forecast for the week ahead. Vette, you know the feeling, one is almost too scared to smile somehow ;-) . In 1988 we had flooding here and recorded about 20 inches over a couple of days - our annual rainfall is 20 inches... so it is difficult to comprehend 30 inches :shock: . Does the soil there take in all that rain or is there a lot of run off? I'm really glad for you.
Ouch Rego, that's lousy. Hope you get some verrry soon.

Some forecast for today, but half it was supposed to arrive last night and we got less than 1 ml.
It sure isn't funny. The current milk price just doesn't justify buying in feed to milk off, and they're all still in milk so far.
We normally get more like 40 in a year, but it all fell in June and July probably, didn't leave anything over for summer.

alisonb":1d319lyc said:
We had 2 inches of soft soaking rain this morning and more is forecast for the week ahead. Vette, you know the feeling, one is almost too scared to smile somehow ;-) . In 1988 we had flooding here and recorded about 20 inches over a couple of days - our annual rainfall is 20 inches... so it is difficult to comprehend 30 inches :shock: . Does the soil there take in all that rain or is there a lot of run off? I'm really glad for you.
Ouch Rego, that's lousy. Hope you get some verrry soon.
Average yearly is around 38 inches. We are on the blackland prairie. It's a heavy soil so when it is dry it cracks open which does help take in a deluge if you get one. This fall it took 4 1/2 inches in three hours without any runoff. After that, unless it is a light drizzle, most of it heads downstream.

Latest posts