Pics 2014 bull calves & some girls

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
What a beautiful sun shiny day today and I am making a point of enjoying each and everyday I get spending doing what I love best. One good thing when you have your world rocked by a life threatening disease is that you never take for granted what you have. So after chores I thought I would take a few pics of the boys. These bulls are all March 2014 calves except for the Pure Power son he was born in the middle of Feb.

IMG_4764_zps4b9d1284.jpg

IMG_4781_zpse933ca02.jpg
Pure Power son out of a Sir Arnold red heifer.
IMG_4782_zps36c1f770.jpg

IMG_4777_zps849d10fd.jpg
Pure Power son and Fine Precision son left to right

IMG_4768_zps0ff170a5.jpg

IMG_4770_zpsa1c2ca51.jpg

IMG_4767_zps6f527200.jpg

IMG_4773_zps9c9a17ea.jpg
these 3 are out of my late 'Hillsdown Fine Precision' bull

Nice and warm
IMG_4759_zps3a075bbc.jpg

IMG_4760_zps5ebe4da9.jpg

Thank you Taurus! :tiphat:

I took few pics of the heifers and bred cows too.
IMG_4750_zps0400afc2.jpg
the reds in the pic are 2014 calves

IMG_4745_zpsc49ce61a.jpg
Lady Bequest 2014 heifer, she is a 4H heifer and will hopefully be going to Farm Fair in the fall as well.
IMG_4748_zpsb532a4f5.jpg

IMG_4752_zps87204987.jpg
Bred heifers, the red on the left is a 2014 heifer calf.
IMG_4753_zps81c8ca02.jpg

IMG_4754_zpsd20e7377.jpg

IMG_4756_zps9ee73fe6.jpg
The heifer in front is a 2014 Pure Power daughter out of an Ozz Ideal Direction daughter.

IMG_4788_zpsd8ddcb2c.jpg
HDG Belle 6X, she is a Freedom Fog granddaughter and the mom of one of the red 2014 bull calves in the previous pics.

Thanks Waco, DS and William.

Forgot to post a pic of the real workers at Hillsdown Ranch. :oops:

Nikki and Hurricane Kate, the Border Collie squad.
10407735_10204715431502386_2472539126461990727_n_zps7defcb4b.jpg

Hillsdown the bulls look great. I knew you had the makings of a strong program when I was there 2 years ago and these pictures do nothing but verify what I saw earlier. Your young bulls look the part and more and the heifers are feminine and fantastic.

You have made me very glad that I used a few straws of pure power this year, and convinced that I should do the same again this year.

:tiphat: to you Wanda you definately have it going on.

3waycross":2koy258f said:
Hillsdown the bulls look great. I knew you had the makings of a strong program when I was there 2 years ago and these pictures do nothing but verify what I saw earlier. Your young bulls look the part and more and the heifers are feminine and fantastic.

You have made me very glad that I used a few straws of pure power this year, and convinced that I should do the same again this year.

:tiphat: to you Wanda you definately have it going on.

Thank you 3way !! :heart:
We are going to be using JRI Pop A Top heavily this year on heifers and 2 year olds, you should check him out. He is red though. All of my heifers and 2nd calvers are bred to a Pure Power son (you saw him he is that blk medium framed bull that is as long as a freight train), I will post pics of them as soon as they start to "pop".

Thanks Nesi :D

Thank you Brangus! :D
I sure hope she keeps on popping. Will keep you posted with more pics as we move forward.

They all look great HD, gee it looks like a nice day, cold though. How is Hurricane Kate going with working the cattle? That name suggests she is very keen a bit like my young Jed.
Ken

Great looking bulls and heifers, sure does look cold in your part of the country. If my granddaughter saw that pink ear tag she would claim the heifer as hers lol. At 3 the girls find their calves by the ear tag, Ella's are pink and Sydney's are purple. I sure like the shape of the bulls plenty of depth and muscle and they look like they are going to be moderate. What is the frame size? I have learned I really can't tell by looking.

Gizmom

They look great. I wish I had someone near me had a few pure power sons like that one that they'd be willing to part with. I helped work a few pop-a-top calves yesterday... I think you'll be happy. :D
Glad you're finding a little joy. I hope we get to see pictures of great cattle for many years to come.

Thank you 3way !! :heart:
We are going to be using JRI Pop A Top heavily this year on heifers and 2 year olds, you should check him out. He is red though. All of my heifers and 2nd calvers are bred to a Pure Power son (you saw him he is that blk medium framed bull that is as long as a freight train), I will post pics of them as soon as they start to "pop".

You will definately like the Pop A Top bull calves. when we worked bulls at Pot O Gold last feb they really stood out. By far the widest topped bulls there and soggy as heck.

Latest posts