Pneu- Dart,Cap-Chur or Medi-Dart?

Help Support CattleToday:

Black and Good

Reaction score
I'm wanting to purchase a dart projector (gun). I've used my buddy's Cap-Chur CO2 pistol with Pneu-Darts shot through it. It worked fine. I was leaning towards the Pneu-Dart projector rifle with CO2 but they do make a rifle with a pump up handle. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks B&G

I've owned a rifle, and currently own a pistol. Both by cap-chur. I like the pistol a 1000 times better. Easy to carry etc. I got a longer range shot, with the rifle. I also lost a lot of darts. The pistol is fool proof to me, when you get the hang of it. I can't speak to any other brand, but the customer support at cap-chur is wonderful. Called them yesterday. Great people to work with.

I have a medi-dart. Never had to use it.

Before I bought mine, I used a buddy's a couple of years ago a time or two. It seemed to work pretty good, hence my purchase.

Sorry, limited experience with that sort of thing here.

They do make a pump up rifle. I own one. I can't think of the brand name but I know I bought it through Livestock Concepts. I don't know how well it works because I have never had to use it. Really needed one about three years ago so I bought this one and haven't had the occasion to use it ever since (knock on wood). I know several people who have them and they all swear by them.

we used a bow with a pneumatic arrow (can't remember the brand.. Medi-Dart seems to ring a bell) to vaccinate.. the cows get wise to it! Works good if you just need to do 1 or 2 cows, but too many and they'll learn and start hiding.. and get pretty wild.

I use a Pneu-Dart pump up rifle from Livestock Concepts. I use it with Draxxin. Since I am by myself, if I do have one with a snotty nose, then I can get them dosed and on the way to recovery asap. Otherwise I have to drive them at least 1/4 mile to the chute and maybe then need some help to get them in the pens. With the price of cattle, and veterinary calls, 2 uses and you have paid for it. Draxxin is expensive, but that 14day treatment period is really a bonus. Those Safeguard wormer cubes are great also. I try to use them at least twice a year. When we get them in the chute I use the pour on ivermectin. A good worming program will prevent the need for the Draxxin also... Just my $0.02

Latest posts