Pregnancy blood tests

Help Support CattleToday:

Ridgefarmer63

Reaction score
GM Fellas, How long after a heifer has been successfully inseminated by a bull will it show on a blood test? Thanks, Mike

Two bulls have been in the pasture since mid Aug. One of the bulls is a little vertically challenged i.e. too small to reach some of the girls, but the other bull is bigger.

I wanted to get a few more opinions other than my vet. Everyone, including the vet were all in the same range.

Had a sterile bull last year so I am trying to learn from that and blood test.

You're either pregnant or you're going in the box. Tough life on the farm.

Thanks too all who responded.

You don't have to spend money on testing, just write down the cows number that they are hanging out with and then watch that cow in 21 days to see if it returns to the bull. Doesn't take much effort and should be done always especially if using a new bull. The young ones will grow into the job.
Ken

The longer you wait, the more accurate the test. I tested 18 last year with two open. Culled one and kept one. The one I kept calved 8 months after the test.

bird dog":2w3ot4i5 said:
The longer you wait, the more accurate the test. I tested 18 last year with two open. Culled one and kept one. The one I kept calved 8 months after the test.

Yep. If you test early, I would test again after a month or two for confirmation.

Yup, that's why I'm asking.

Bulls have been in with the herd since Aug 15th, I'm testing Nov 16th.

Thanks for all the feedback..

Latest posts