~pull up a chair... and come on in~

Help Support CattleToday:

OwnedByTheCow":184ka2kz said:
What a busy weekend. Okay first, my doe gave birth to triplets. Two girls and a boy, my moms friend is buying all three of them :banana: . I was confermend into my church this morning and partied all day. Now I am here.
Partied?? Confirmation means "get serious". ;-)

Had a scare Saturday nite. Hubby was snoring like a buzz saw so I went to the couch. Just as I fell sound asleep, the weather alert went off. Tornado warning! The tv was on, so I tried to change to a local channel and see the radar. That's when the power went out. So do I wake up Hubby and Dad and send them to the basement in a panic, along with dragging two 100 pound dogs down there who don't like the stairs? If there is no tornado, they will kill me. So before I panicked I went outside and looked at the clouds, looked like the trouble was already north of us. Got a radar shot on a smart phone, it also showed the worst cell to the north. Turns out I was right, the touchdown was about 5 miles north. The bad thing is, that's where our power lines run from, so we haven't had electricity since Sat. night and it's not coming back anytime soon because the area has flooded too.

MO_cows":at7zzaea said:
Had a scare Saturday nite. Hubby was snoring like a buzz saw so I went to the couch. Just as I fell sound asleep, the weather alert went off. Tornado warning! The tv was on, so I tried to change to a local channel and see the radar. That's when the power went out. So do I wake up Hubby and Dad and send them to the basement in a panic, along with dragging two 100 pound dogs down there who don't like the stairs? If there is no tornado, they will kill me. So before I panicked I went outside and looked at the clouds, looked like the trouble was already north of us. Got a radar shot on a smart phone, it also showed the worst cell to the north. Turns out I was right, the touchdown was about 5 miles north. The bad thing is, that's where our power lines run from, so we haven't had electricity since Sat. night and it's not coming back anytime soon because the area has flooded too.
so glad to hear it missed you, hope you get power real soon..take care. God Bless. :heart: Chrisy

MO_cows":2xulz3e4 said:
Had a scare Saturday nite. Hubby was snoring like a buzz saw so I went to the couch. Just as I fell sound asleep, the weather alert went off. Tornado warning! The tv was on, so I tried to change to a local channel and see the radar. That's when the power went out. So do I wake up Hubby and Dad and send them to the basement in a panic, along with dragging two 100 pound dogs down there who don't like the stairs? If there is no tornado, they will kill me. So before I panicked I went outside and looked at the clouds, looked like the trouble was already north of us. Got a radar shot on a smartphone, it also showed the worst cell to the north. Turns out I was right, the touchdown was about 5 miles north. The bad thing is, that's where our power lines run from, so we haven't had electricity since Sat. night and it's not coming back anytime soon because the area has flooded too.
Oh I hope you are okay now. In my area The only tornado we ever had was 15 years ago.

Well, well, well, the power came back on this afternoon. What a nice surprise. The lady at the coop was talking like it could be weeks just this morning.

We have had a lot of close calls with tornadoes. We are in the Missouri river valley and they seem to track right along the valley floor. Lots of property damage but no casualties going back to the 70's, when a freak tornado hit in January and killed some people at the school.

Well that is good to hear you are okay.
I went to the city today with my friends to go shopping for a semi-formal dress for school, I have not been of an escalator in 6 years so when we all got on it, it was like leading a horse into water. Slowly stepping on then trying to time it right and jumping on. But we got up and down and up again, had a blast trying out all the new city things, we had lunch at the Cheesecake factory and oh boy that was the best cheeseburger ever. The first real gluten free hamburger I have had in about two years. We did not quite "blend in" to the crowd but it was funny trying out all the cool things. Finally getting to actually buy one of those super fancy prom dresses. Everything was so fancy I don't know how people can afford that stuff.

You are a true country girl, gone into the city! I love it! :)
Your parents should be very proud of you, the way that you appreciate a simpler life with animals and recognize the value of a dollar. :D

So did you find your prom dress? And are you going with a young man or your girl friends?
(We always had more fun going with our friends. ;-) )

Well it's not really my prom but me and my friends are friends with older guy friends (who we show with) so we are all going together. But yeah I found it, not what I would wear for my prom, but I am not going to spend $300 for something I am only going to wear once.

Church service will be outside tonight, and dinner on the ground afterwards. A little Memorial Weekend tradition we enjoy.

Bigfoot":1mgp2ano said:
Church service will be outside tonight, and dinner on the ground afterwards. A little Memorial Weekend tradition we enjoy.

We were supposed to have a picnic today. Fish fry and all. But we had decorations at mamaw and papaws and i lost track of the time so we missed it. Going to the inlaws tomorow for a pig in the ground kind of deal. We are taking bbq just in case. ;-)

We always have a lunch on Memorial day for the vets at church.
Still have one WWII vet left was a Navy Frogman set the charges in the
reefs off Okinawa so the landing craft could come in.

Latest posts