quick question

Help Support CattleToday:

tim1970

Reaction score
I have a problem. A hawk has managed to find the one place where our screen is broken on our back porch. And of course he/she can't seem to find its way out. I tried to scare it toward the opening, but that is not working. (This is one Pi**ed off bird) I have heard that they are protected animals, so I don't want to shoot it, but it has already picked up our family cat and carried it around for a few seconds, so I am afraid of what it could do, especially if my young daughter got too close. (Did I mention this is not a happy bird)

My options seem to be as follows...

1. Let it have my porch until it figures out how to get away(Might never happen)
2. Tear up my porch more, so that it would have a bigger area to fly out of.
3. SSS

Any ideas?

I've got the door open now, but my porch is an 'L' shape, so he hasn't found the door yet. I guess I will call either animal control or the game warden.

Try the cat idea. Or do you have any annoying neighborhood kids? :shock:

tim1970":1od9v71e said:
I have a problem. A hawk has managed to find the one place where our screen is broken on our back porch. And of course he/she can't seem to find its way out. I tried to scare it toward the opening, but that is not working. (This is one Pi**ed off bird) I have heard that they are protected animals, so I don't want to shoot it, but it has already picked up our family cat and carried it around for a few seconds, so I am afraid of what it could do, especially if my young daughter got too close. (Did I mention this is not a happy bird)

My options seem to be as follows...

1. Let it have my porch until it figures out how to get away(Might never happen)
2. Tear up my porch more, so that it would have a bigger area to fly out of.
3. SSS

Any ideas?

Try slipping up and throwing a blanket over it and then remove it outside and take the blanket off.

I was thinking that in Texas, according to the "Castle Doctrine", any tresspasser, aggresssor, or threatening perpetrator that enters one's property thinking about doing harm can be considered a "Target".

Texans have the right to protect lives and their property in Texas and can use deadly force if no other reasonable means are options...

;-)

Or you could charge it with criminal trespass, as you did not invite it in and now it won't leave...

Latest posts