Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno":zcyb8aqh said:
GB look at the next 30 days you better get flippers for those cows.
Might want to stock up on Coleman fuel as we all know how you are without you morning
coffee.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/woodvi ... r=5/1/2015

Caustic, I actually had a rain free sun shiny day out here at my place. Don't know how long that is going to last but I took it with a smile.

Found that the fence across the bottom was leaned over about 45 degrees but was able to right it with the Mule and a strap. Will have to replace it all when things dry out. Other places still have water running across them.

James T":36au8h9r said:
Caustic Burno":36au8h9r said:
GB look at the next 30 days you better get flippers for those cows.
Might want to stock up on Coleman fuel as we all know how you are without you morning
coffee.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/woodvi ... r=5/1/2015

Caustic, I actually had a rain free sun shiny day out here at my place. Don't know how long that is going to last but I took it with a smile.

Found that the fence across the bottom was leaned over about 45 degrees but was able to right it with the Mule and a strap. Will have to replace it all when things dry out. Other places still have water running across them.

What is this sun you speak off.
I like to burnt up this afternoon in this sauna.
The Thicket has got to be one of the hottest places on earth.
I am still waiting for someone to explain how you can have 95 to 100% humidity and
you are not under water.
It was 90 here today with 86% humidity heat indexes already at 100.
I would like to reschedule some of this rain for August and Sept when we have 100+degs days on end.
Scared that when it quits now the are going to pull the handle off the faucet.

That 1 day reprieve is over. Thunder, lightning and rain again. And it's all headed your way. My place is in the wide open and it gets pretty humid out. I can't imagine how bad it is where you and GB are in the pines. Sometimes rate how humid it is by how many shirts I go through during the course of the day.

Not yet--drug the mower out and was going to try to mow the lawn, but it started sprinkling, then turned to real rain----we got 2" in 35 minutes. I had just dumped the rain gage so I know that is accurate. Sky--can you post those 2 pics I just sent you?

yes sir here they are
ResizedImage_1431896182719_zps570adb9d.jpg

ResizedImage_1431896183553_zpsc639a4f8.jpg

Thank You. Took them about an hour ago--maybe a little more--the 2nd one is my "garden". I think I can pretty well write it off this year.

greybeard":1ubaj3di said:
Thank You. Took them about an hour ago--maybe a little more--the 2nd one is my "garden". I think I can pretty well write it off this year.

My garden is horrible and it is on top of the hill.
I think it drown.

I'm fed up with weather. Just bought a new place near Coldspring and am trying to move. On top of the rain I lost a heavy bred heifer to lightning in Friday's storms. She was there Friday morning and stone dead on top of one of my hills under a big magnolia tree this morning. It's a sad day here. I've heard of it happening just hadn't planned on it. My new place has received 5.75" in the last week. My old place seems to have gotten double. I really need a break.

Chainsaw Driver":e2t7n5qn said:
I'm fed up with weather. Just bought a new place near Coldspring and am trying to move. On top of the rain I lost a heavy bred heifer to lightning in Friday's storms. She was there Friday morning and stone dead on top of one of my hills under a big magnolia tree this morning. It's a sad day here. I've heard of it happening just hadn't planned on it. My new place has received 5.75" in the last week. My old place seems to have gotten double. I really need a break.

Bum deal lucky it wasn't a half dozen.
I hate it when they ball up under a tree.
Know a fellow lost his bull to the same thing this year cept he was standing in the
stock tank in a lighting storm.

Chainsaw Driver":1bif94s9 said:
If you take FM 2025 going from Cleveland to Cold Springs, you pass within 1 mile of my place.

Chainsaw Driver":3l239f8w said:
Interesting, our new place is in Evergreen off 945. Bought our dream place, 127 acres. Hope the rain doesn't wash it all away.......
In that case, hello neighbor--if you took 945 to Evergreen, you went right by me. I think Evergreen is 13 long winding miles from me. From Cleveland, Turn left off 2025 on to 945 at a Valero convenience store. Drop down the hill on 945, my place is on the left as soon as you cross the San Jacinto East Fork--river is my East property line. My green 2 story house is visible if you lok hard across the open part of the pasture. River water was running across 945 in front of our place all day last Wed and again Fri night for about an hour. May be again by morning. The white rectangle is my place.
myplace2_zps8ijwo6k3.jpg

greybeard":2aldwko4 said:
Chainsaw Driver":2aldwko4 said:
Interesting, our new place is in Evergreen off 945. Bought our dream place, 127 acres. Hope the rain doesn't wash it all away.......
In that case, hello neighbor--if you took 945 to Evergreen, you went right by me. I think Evergreen is 13 long winding miles from me. From Cleveland, Turn left off 2025 on to 945 at a Valero convenience store. Drop down the hill on 945, my place is on the left as soon as you cross the San Jacinto East Fork--river is my East property line. My green 2 story house is visible if you lok hard across the open part of the pasture. River water was running across 945 in front of our place all day last Wed and again Fri night for about an hour. May be again by morning. The white rectangle is my place.
myplace2_zps8ijwo6k3.jpg

Now GB we know you are a flat lander yall aint got no hills just holes.

The San Jacinto is in the news fairly often during heavy rains. Is it getting close enough to the house to worry yet?

3.5" here yesterday and an 1 1/4" so far this morning. Power went down for about an hour.

It's about 100' difference in elevation from FM 2025 to my place on 945, then as you go farther west on 945 about 10 miles, it gets almost as hilly as your area CB. The intersection of 945 and 150 at Evergreen is high enough there used to be a fire lookout tower right beside the road.
(You notice I said 'drop down THE hill' ---I didn't say 'drop down A hill.'

As the crow flies, I'm not far from Liberty Hill Lookout