Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

James T":101l613e said:
The San Jacinto is in the news fairly often during heavy rains. Is it getting close enough to the house to worry yet?

3.5" here yesterday and an 1 1/4" so far this morning. Power went down for about an hour.
The river in the news is almost always the West Fork of the San Jacinto River, because it goes near New Caney, The Woodlands and King Wood--all high $ suburban subdivisions of Houston. We on the East Fork don't get much attention.
I don't worry about water IN my house--it's 5' up on pilings and 2200' feet from the river channel, but my shop and cows, I have to kinda watch for especially if I have young calves--mommas tend to park them in places they can't get out of if the water comes up quick. Calves don't be born with natural ability to swim from what I've observed.

Thunderstorm here--been raining since daylight-again.

greybeard":1znj9lig said:
Thunderstorm here--been raining since daylight-again.

Thought maybe it had gone on through....NOT....looks to be building up again, getting the train on.

Got to go out and work for about two hours was wringing wet with sweat in 10 minutes 96% humidity.
Just got run in the house black as night, lighting strikes one after another and coming down in buckets.
This is what I hate about satellite tv can't even watch the news in this.

Pouring cats and dogs right now--and lightning. And, no relief in sight for the next 8 days
:cry: :cry: :cry:
I am officially ready to move.

http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:77328.1.99999?MR=1
Tuesday 05/19
84° | 71°
Chance of a Thunderstorm
80% / 0.2 in

Wednesday 05/20
85° | 72°
Chance of a Thunderstorm
60% / 0.25 in

Thursday 05/21
84° | 70°
Chance of a Thunderstorm
60% / 0.15 in

Friday 05/22
83° | 71°
Chance of a Thunderstorm
40% / 0.04 in

Saturday 05/23
87° | 73°
Partly Cloudy
20% / 0.04 in

Sunday 05/24
83° | 73°
Chance of a Thunderstorm
60% / 0.81 in

Monday 05/25
80° | 72°
Chance of a Thunderstorm
60% /

Tuesday 05/26
83° | 73°
Chance of a Thunderstorm
60% / 0.34 in

Wednesday 05/27
85° | 75°
Chance of a Thunderstorm
60% / 0.14 in

Graybeard, I do drive right by your place. I'm about 11 miles up the road, almost to Evergreen. Bought this place for its hills, the water just runs off. I love it. The bottoms are flooded right now, Winters bayou is my southwest boundary and its out of its banks right now. I've had all rain I can stand for a while. Good to know where the good neighbors are.

Chainsaw Driver":ngcie843 said:
Graybeard, I do drive right by your place. I'm about 11 miles up the road, almost to Evergreen. Bought this place for its hills, the water just runs off. I love it. The bottoms are flooded right now, Winters bayou is my southwest boundary and its out of its banks right now. I've had all rain I can stand for a while. Good to know where the good neighbors are.

He is a curmudgeon.
Rained here twice today.

We got hit twice today . I stuck the skid steer in a low spot today and was worried it would flood so I had to go get the big tractor to drag it out . I gave up the rubber boots and started wearing tennis shoes so I don't lose them in the mud .

We had a break today, and tho I now have wheel ruts all over, I got 3/4 of my yard mowed late this afternoon by keeping the deck at max height and stopping 5 times to wash the crap out from under it.
Skeeters are awful.

I believe that was the most lighting I've ever seen last night. I looked out the kitchen window about midnight. I could see the horses huddled in the brush about 150 yards from the house. I could see them like it was daylight, not just flashes but continuous light. Not booms of thunder but a continuous roar. Scary stuff. Saw the horses this morning , the heifers by the house or ok. Everything else I don't know, I hope so ,won't have time to check today.

Latest posts