Rams

Help Support CattleToday:

Did ya eat it?
Nope. I cut its head off and buried it. Cut the rattles off and put them in a jar where I collect rattle. Left the rest laying in the road for the birds to dine on. I have noticed I see a road kill bull snake it will lay there until it rots away. Kill a rattler and it is gone the next morning. I don't know who is eating them but they don't have to wait for me to kill them. I am fine with them killing all they can find.

Nope. I cut its head off and buried it. Cut the rattles off and put them in a jar where I collect rattle. Left the rest laying in the road for the birds to dine on. I have noticed I see a road kill bull snake it will lay there until it rots away. Kill a rattler and it is gone the next morning. I don't know who is eating them but they don't have to wait for me to kill them. I am fine with them killing all they can find.
They do this yearly thing over by Okeene Oklahoma.
Rattle snake hunt.
Big deal I guess. Huge snake pit. They eat a lot of em. Etc etc etc

The ground hogs here just make a mess of the pastures and the hay fields. They are determined to dig under the foundations of the buildings and get into the gardens and eat anything they can while there is all sorts of "natural" things to eat elsewhere. I declare war on them and on raccoons... they will get in and kill for the sake of killing... I have seen too many chickens torn apart and not dead from a coon killing spree. Add in the black buzzards... the turkey vultures/buzzards don't bother me a bit.
We encourage the foxes around here, and do what ever we can to keep the coyote population as low as possible... Snakes are an option... if they rattle I will kill one close to the house... only a very few seen over the years.... black snakes are left alone unless they get into the chickens and eat eggs or baby chicks....copperheads get killed, as do water snakes, but they are seldom around except right at the rivers here... since I don't go "hunting them" I don't think I am hurting the populations too much...

Latest posts