Relaxing morning ?

Help Support CattleToday:

gonzo

Reaction score
Monday I noticed the bale ring was pushed up against the fence , aint touchin the hot wire so I thinks I'll let it go til it's empty . tuesday mornin comes and it aint even light yet and momma says Rusty is on this side of the fence ,rusty is a yearling steer with an atitude . Well game on I go out (calmly I add) in my long johns and barnboots ,no hat chasin rusty back and forth across the lawn. Gave Rusty some exercise and some laughs and that's it :frowns: Iwent inside had some coffee and got dressed and thought about it for a minute . Then I put my hat on :cboy: lured the rest of the bunch into another pasture with some grain shut the gate then opened the gate to the empty paddock and put a bowl of grain in the middle, then with a little chase I locked the gate behind him. then I fixed fence for 3 hrs. he had broken out 3 places and broke back in he was havin fun all night dam full moon. ps ( don't chase cows without yur hat). :cowboy:

Haha. Sounds like a great way to start the day.
Neighbor had one out yesterday evening. . Left 600 acres and her friends just for some grass that hasn't been ate yet. All her friends standing there looking at her as if to say "hey, how'd you get over on that side". Found a bay tree that got blown on the fence but it was now dark so I called the neighbor and let him deal with it after that

It was a wake up call Hook I been gett'n complascent (lazy)or what ever you want to call it. Things been goin too good and I let my guard down. That won't happen again (right away) me and Rusty have an under standing he stays in the pasture and I don't change his name to BOB ( :mrgreen: veal that is) :mrgreen:

Latest posts