RIP Granny

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
11/04/2012

granny_1-05.jpg

At least we have 3 daughters and one grandaughter out of her. Her grandson is going to the fairs next year as a market steer.

circlew":1aopq1ue said:
Dun, didn't she have a calf recently?
In the spring, she had never missed a year calving. We didn;t even preg check her this fall. Didn;t want to be tempted

backhoeboogie":1hg7lr79 said:
dun":1hg7lr79 said:
In the spring, she had never missed a year calving.

Everyone wants a pasture full of those. Glad you owned that one dun.
One thing that alwasy impressed me was her feet. Most 2-3 year olds don;t have as good of feet as she still had into ther mid-20s. Now if I could have figured out a way to get her to wear false teeth we would have been set.

Sorry Dun, she was an impressive cow. She will provide stories for a lifetime.

That's sure going to leave a big empty space for a long time to come. If you buried her plant a nice tree or flowers on her grave.

My condolences dun. It is hard losing a special one. I hope that she passed her fertility and longevity on to her daughters for you.

What a wonderful cow you had there! Hate to lose those kind. At least you got some offspring from her.

Sorry for your loss. i have lost alot of good cows over the years before they ever got old but i still know how it is. I am having alot of calves right now and all my best and favorite cows are having bulls. so it's good you have some of her calves around.

Latest posts