Rito 616 REALLY!

Help Support CattleToday:

A few years back I had a 6I6 son. Nice young bull used him on heifers no problems. But he was kinda a butthole.

BTW I forget more than my legs. LOL :help: :help: :lol:

We used him a couple of years ago. Half of the calves were so layed back as to be nearly comotose the other half were totally crazy nuts.

dun":28c45dm6 said:
We used him a couple of years ago. Half of the calves were so layed back as to be nearly comotose the other half were totally crazy nuts.

dun, I didn't have any problems with the calves. But, he was bred to some baby doll balancers.

We've uses 6I6 quite a lot, not only are the progeny gently but the muscling he passes on is quite noticeable. Never had a crazy one out of him. Sure glad he was clean of the new genetic defect.

Blessings
Valerie

Ken,
I knew he was having trouble with his back legs. That is very interesting to know that it is back trouble. I don't guess many bulls make it to that age. I hope that is the reason that it is happening.
He is still a very pretty bull. I was really surprised when I ran across the video.

Valerie, Dun, Black and Good,
What size were the cows that he produced?

That is just stiffness from old age and probably rheumatism, any bull that can last that long was supersound to begin with.

Knerdsie, where I am just uneducated, and you learned from a bunch of people with bones in their noses, Ken is educated. If he says it's back trouble, then he knows what he is talking about.

Chuckie":2popen1s said:
Knerdsie, where I am just uneducated, and you learned from a bunch of people with bones in their noses, Ken is educated. If he says it's back trouble, then he knows what he is talking about.
i gotta believe, teachers with bones in their noses are highly disciplined ... :cowboy:

Chuckie,
5 to 6 frame cows , 6I6 is a 6 frame himself and most of my girls are 5-6 frame to start. I only had 2 females out of him the rest have always been bulls. As far as fat goes, I shy away from backfat but go for marbling and one of the females ultrasound tested prime at yearling... dam was mid choice.
Blessings
Valerie

I believe that 6I6 died or was put down a couple of years ago. Semen still out there for sale, but no more at Select Sires.
Have one 6I6 daughter in the herd. Nice young cow; no issues. Had one 6I6 steer, grew off well, looked good.
Next-door neighbors have a bunch of 6I6 daughters, and really like 'em.

Chuckie":fzugb1zl said:
Thanks Valerie, 5-6 frame sounds good. Only two heifers? I guess you kept those as replacements? He definitely has the muscle!
I appreciate the information.

Your right... I kept them!! A gentleman in town kept all his as well. Sure glad 6I6 was clean of the new genetic defect. WHEW! Only about 40 more to test, ouch!
Blessings
Valerie

Latest posts