Roaming bull

Help Support CattleToday:

snoopdog

Reaction score
So, my neighbors' (uncle) bull gets on me for the last couple of years, and my bull whips him off of the reason he comes over. He's a nice black hereford, and I like his calves, and was wanting to go that direction with my genetics. But I am his only adjoining neighbor, but have 3 others that join me. Well, he's on me again, and my uncle asked if I want to buy him. I don't think I will , but would like to hear your input. I do need to change bulls, but I don't need to be chasing him or fixing more fence than necessary.

Maybe he just wants to stay on your place?
How long does he stay? Or is he a constant fence jumper?
I, myself, dont want any more of that nonsense. Got better things to do than chase animals that wont stay where I put em.

Maybe he just wants to stay on your place?
How long does he stay? Or is he a constant fence jumper?
I, myself, dont want any more of that nonsense. Got better things to do than chase animals that wont stay where I put em.
I've teased him about my cows being better looking than his, he will follow cubes, so its not a problem getting him back. I don't need the headache.

I had a bull show up here back in late August. No other cows out there. He was just liking the green regrowth on the hay fields. It took the cowboys a couple weeks to get the time to haul him off. They took him on a good road trip. Turned him back out with cows after a 30 mile drive about 15 miles as the crow flies from here. Lot of rough country between here and there. It took him about a week to make it back here. I guess he likes the grass here the best.

The only way I ever stopped them was with electricity or a trailer ride. I had one 14K volts meant nothing, he would just beller and plow on through.
Second time on the electric fence he ended up at McDonalds.

Latest posts