Rough few days

Help Support CattleToday:

melking

Reaction score
Starting last Friday, I have had one misfortune after another. If I didn't know better, I would say someone put a curse on me. Friday about noon, my bush hog blew apart. When I say blew apart, I mean parts everywhere. Just normal mowing in a pasture. I checked all of the bolts before I started which I always do. Anyway, pieces still missing. I decide since my day is shot, I will drive 20 miles to the walgreens and pick up my wife's medicines. While I am in the store, someone creams the back passenger side of my truck and I go out and find the entire taillight assemble lying in pieces and a pretty good sized dent. What I don't find is anyone in the vicinity who is willing to take the blame. Thoroughly disgusted, I go home. Saturday I get up and decide that I will start clearing a fence line that I have been meaning to work on. First up, a good size tree that is leaning close to the fence line. I start up the chain saw and go to cutting. After going 1/2 way through the tree, I notice one of my gloves is soaked and it turns out that it is gas. I find the gas cap dangling from the little string in three separate pieces. Just as I reach to shut it off, it throws the chain and is stuck in the tree.. I go get my tractor, but of course first I have to tie up the remaining pieces of the bush hog so that they aren't dragging the ground. I get to the fence line, I hook on a chain and lo and behold, I have cut the tree enough that I am able to pull it back and break it off. Fence saved. Chainsaw on the ground. I drag the tree to the brush pile i will burn one of these days and unhook. I push it up into the pile. I turn around and start back to the fence line. I hear a very loud snap,bang, and look down and clearly see that my 2 front tires are pointing different ways. I broke the steering linkage on the tractor. I come into the house looking for my gun but fortunately the cleaning lady was afraid of hit and my wife put it away somewhere. Sunday I started working on the bush hog and the front gate quit working. I told the missus the choices were leave it open or get out and open it when you want to come in. I am not working on it! Sorry for the length but I feel better.

I told the missus the choices were leave it open or get out and open it when you want to come in.
Isn't that how all gates normally work? Or does this mean all my gates have always been broken??

That is a bit of a tough run Mel. By the sound of it Mel both you and I are not going to live long enough to get all the things done on our places that we want to get done but it keeps us off the streets.
Things will improve, just one foot after the other. If anything age teaches us to be a bit more patient.
Ken

wbvs58":1shem86j said:
That is a bit of a tough run Mel. By the sound of it Mel both you and I are not going to live long enough to get all the things done on our places that we want to get done but it keeps us off the streets.
Things will improve, just one foot after the other. If anything age teaches us to be a bit more patient.
Ken
Ken, from where I sit, those statements are a bit contradictory.....

Thanks to all of the well wishers. Ken, You are correct, I will never finish. I will get up tomorrow and start all over. On a positive note, I can't save the old bush hog. I guess I will have to go get a new one...Maybe a little bigger??

greybeard":1j67py73 said:
wbvs58":1j67py73 said:
Ken
Ken, from where I sit, those statements are a bit contradictory.....
Yeh probably Greybeard but what I mean is that I do my best and don't stress too much about not getting all completed. Only problem is I enjoy what I do so much that time fly's and the years are getting away from me but I will never put the cue in the rack if you do that it is all over.
Ken

If you would have gone fishing you would have been ahead of the game. You wouldn't have fallen that tree but your tailgate would still be intact.

Sorry Mel. I hate those days.

melking":27og1ju4 said:
Thanks backhoeboogie, and Ryder, I am thinking of going to raising goats. What do you think?
Mel...sounds like you're just a gluten for punishment. :lol: Get a horse. They don't do anything but lay around and EAT.

melking":248v5jn3 said:
Thanks backhoeboogie, and Ryder, I am thinking of going to raising goats. What do you think?
I can only say do what you think is best.
Personally, I don't like goats.
Thay get up on high things and look down on me with an expression like they think they are superior to me.
I have enough self esteem problems without that.

Latest posts