Shooting holes in something

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
We don't shoot holes in the barn. But this old loading dock has served the area as the shooting back stop for years. How many thousand rounds to you suppose have been shot into it. Completely blown out the center. Now we have to shoot to the right or left. A person can get back to nearly 400 yards. Once out to about 200 yards you are on my property. The back stop is on BLM land.P4172831.JPG

Come on now I have read all the stories about how you wild west American cowboys get all drunked up on fire water and dance around in your shaps shooting at the moon, the neighbors and anything else you can point it at. You expect me to believe that a safe reliable backstop is used and firearms are handled responsibly? What next?

Come on now I have read all the stories about how you wild west American cowboys get all drunked up on fire water and dance around in your shaps shooting at the moon, the neighbors and anything else you can point it at. You expect me to believe that a safe reliable backstop is used and firearms are handled responsibly? What next?
Well there are several here who don't drink firewater, just straight water. I have never seem any of them wearing shaps or chaps. This part of the world the cowboys wear chinks.

Don't know about you guys but I like to go around indiscriminately shooting at stuff while completely intoxicated riding my tractor. Sometimes I like to throw my empty beer bottles at the WRONG WAY signs out on the interstate access ramps
A true 21st Century American! ;)
(sounds like something Denis Leary would have included in his 'asshole' song.. )

Don't know about you guys but I like to go around indiscriminately shooting at stuff while completely intoxicated riding my tractor. Sometimes I like to throw my empty beer bottles at the WRONG WAY signs out on the interstate access ramps
In my much younger days another guy and I were headed to a rodeo. He was driving my '65 Mustang. There was a mostly empty case of beer setting between us. We came to a Z the road took under some RR tracks. My friend tossed an empty bottle at the concrete. Just as it left his fingers we realized there was a county deputy with radar facing the other way. He looked at me and said what do I do. Being highly intelligent and slightly drunk, I answered punch it. He did. We quickly passed 5 or 6 cars. There had enough traffic headed the other way it took the deputy a while to get turned around. We entered an area of rolling hills. We kept hitting traffic right where we passed cars. The deputy didn't and we kept gaining on those flashing lights. The next town was about 10 miles from our starting point. I was sober enough to say we aren't going through town. We cut off and took back roads around town. A clean get away.

How many remember the days when some glass beer bottles or Coke bottles were heavy enough that sometimes they bounced off the signs without breaking. You could knock someone out in a fight with one.

An old real estate sign with heavy cardboard works great for stapling targets to.
And u won't have to shoot up the rest of your nice old backstop!
You would have to use something heavier than that. One time I put a target over that smaller hole to the left. The bullet from a 300 mag hit those rocks. The flying pieces of rock destroyed my target. I have thought about a piece of plywood. But at the price of plywood.....

Latest posts