Some Hereford Photos For You

Help Support CattleToday:

jhambley

Reaction score
Retained 2011 Heifers
10.jpg

Coming three year old bull running with 14 month old bulls
22.jpg

Some good lookin herefords.. They all look well fed. But whats them things stickin out of the head of that lead bull?? haha

when are you going to put horn weights on that 3yr old bull.him an your heifers look real good.they are all nice an thick.

Someone e-mailed me asking what I was feeding them. The heifers get 3 pounds of straight corn gluten most every day and free choice hay.
The bulls get 5 pounds of straight corn gluten and free choice hay. My hay is a mixture of native prairie and fescue.

bigbull338":3ldsbx3u said:
when are you going to put horn weights on that 3yr old bull.

I've always tipped/sloped my horned cattle. I need Mike Deewall to mentor me on using horn weights.

ALACOWMAN":2m6xv92l said:
regardless your doing something right,, to steal a line from bigbull,, those are some of best herefords ive seen in awhile

I will second that comment, some nice looking cattle. Really like their natural thickness.

What does that bull weigh?
They are neat looking cattle!
They are a lot smaller looking than the herfs here, are they representitive of the general direction of the breed where you are, or do you prefer more moderate type cattle?

Old_man_emu":2kfx2pkf said:
They are a lot smaller looking than the herfs here, are they representitive of the general direction of the breed where you are, or do you prefer more moderate type cattle?

I would say these cattle are not a good representation of the Hereford cattle in the States. I'm not sure what that young bull weighs but my polled bull weighs 1850+. Most of my cows weigh right around 1100 pounds. I've concentrated on old line Hereford genetics. Most all of my horned cows trace back to Brookview Farms in Kentucky. Here are some photos of the Brookview cattle in the 50s. My cows look a look like these.

b3.jpg

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

Latest posts