The Twin

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score
My 3 year old niece came up with the Name "Star" for her even though she is solid black. I had to add to it, she's now called "Empty Star". This calf has an appetite of a monster, like she has an empty tank that's never filled. She loves water just as much as her milk. She's doing great no scouring and growing well. Will get her out of the kennel soon into a pasture lot where she'll have room to frolic more and learn to graze and eat feed. My niece keeps saying she has a calf in a cage.

FlyingLSimmentals said:
My 3 year old niece came up with the Name "Star" for her even though she is solid black. I had to add to it, she's now called "Empty Star". This calf has an appetite of a monster, like she has an empty tank that's never filled. She loves water just as much as her milk. She's doing great no scouring and growing well. Will get her out of the kennel soon into a pasture lot where she'll have room to frolic more and learn to graze and eat feed. My niece keeps saying she has a calf in a cage.

She's a nice looking calf.

They are really nice calves for being twins. Her brother was a lot heavier and darker. If I remember I'll take a pic of Dam and brother tomorrow to share here. Dam is out of CNS Dream On and WLE Power Stroke lineage, it was her first set of twins.

Be careful of too much water...yes, there is such a thing :D . It over taxes the kidneys and the calf ends up with blood in it's urine. Are you bottle or bucket feeding her? Nice girl!

alisonb said:
Be careful of too much water...yes, there is such a thing :D . It over taxes the kidneys and the calf ends up with blood in it's urine. Are you bottle or bucket feeding her? Nice girl!

With a Bottle. A Bottle of each milk & water at dawn and at dusk.

This may be of interest to you FlyingLSims...
Give the girl a bucket of water in her pen and just feed her her milk in the bottle. When she is finished her bottle see to it that she doesn't have water directly afterwards.

Milk, fed from a bottle by-passes the rumen via esophageal groove, and is deposited into the abomasum of the calf...you want the water to go directly to the rumen.

Latest posts