Thought on Zuprevo

Help Support CattleToday:

AKE

Reaction score
Someone told me they started using Zuprevo over Draxxin and liked it better. I was just looking for thoughts on it. I have used Draxxin with positive results most of the time. Thanks for the input.

I've seen an increase in advertising and special discounts on Zuprevo in what I assume to be an effort to increase market share. I'm sure it is a good product, but have never tried it.

I almost got Zuprevo the other day to treat a bunch of calves with pneumonia but my vet said it's similar to Micotil; if you nick, cut, puncture yourself with the needle you'd better get to the hospital asap. No, thanks!

Its ok not my go to drug of choice. Does last 21 days but is not effective on mycoplasma last I had heard. While is a macrolid like micotil havent hear of it being as toxic to humans.

I have never used it but have a friend who did and he had nothing but good things to say about it. It is a little less expensive than Draxxin.

bmoore87":38py7m10 said:
Its ok not my go to drug of choice. Does last 21 days but is not effective on mycoplasma last I had heard. While is a macrolid like micotil havent hear of it being as toxic to humans.
The withdrawal period is 21 days. When my vet & I were discussing Zuprevo vs Resflor Gold he said the effectiveness is generally around 6 days (as opposed to 5 with Resflor Gold).
From the Merck website:
Fair Balance
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION: FOR USE IN ANIMALS ONLY. NOT FOR HUMAN USE. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. TO AVOID ACCIDENTAL INJECTION, DO NOT USE IN AUTOMATICALLY POWERED SYRINGES WHICH HAVE NO ADDITIONAL PROTECTION SYSTEM. IN CASE OF HUMAN INJECTION, SEEK MEDICAL ADVICE IMMEDIATELY AND SHOW THE PACKAGE INSERT OR LABEL TO THE PHYSICIAN.
https://www.merck-animal-health-usa.com ... prevo-18/1

Talked with Vet yesterday he said Zuprevo is no more dangerous than Draxxin and none are as dangerous as Micotil.
He also said hospital emergency care has new I.V. drip treatment for Micotil which saves lives if done soon enough.

Nothing is on myco... I should have said labeled for. Dont think you can do much but keep medication in there system for around 20 days that they say it lasts. More supportive treatment than actually treating the myco.

Latest posts