Try this again.

Help Support CattleToday:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
Bought 102 s/c and 66 h/c last Wednesday to put in a custom lot again. Prices and future markets look better than last year. Time will tell.
Have pen space reserved for 600 there. Our own h/c go there at the end of the month.

If someone wants to put two short movies to a format that will download here I will send them on.

gcreekrch said:
If someone wants to put two short movies to a format that will download here I will send them on.

Email them to me. If they can be converted to YouTube, I can post them.

gcreekrch said:
Sent Ron, I don't know how to change them if you can't.

I got it uploaded to YouTube.
Steers
https://youtu.be/dC6QOD6lHKs
Heifers
https://youtu.be/MlJVLGmxGl8

TennesseeTuxedo said:
:clap: Outstanding calves!

You might poop when I tell you what they were worth. Far from the market top too.

The steers weighed 489 lbs, 91 were from one contributor and 11 from another. They cost $216.25

The heifers were put together from several owners, the largest bunch was 9. They averaged 422 lbs and cost $202.15

The folks that are feeding them say they have settled in nicely. There are a couple bunches coming to the sale next Wed. that will fill the Hereford steer pen to 150.

gcreekrch said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

You might poop when I tell you what they were worth. Far from the market top too.

The steers weighed 489 lbs, 91 were from one contributor and 11 from another. They cost $216.25

That is what my calves went for last year, so if they go even higher this year, I am a happy guy!

Aaron said:
gcreekrch said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

That is what my calves went for last year, so if they go even higher this year, I am a happy guy!

I'd think most around here wish they could get what they got last year.

gcreekrch said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

The heifers were put together from several owners, the largest bunch was 9. They averaged 422 lbs and cost $202.15

The folks that are feeding them say they have settled in nicely. There are a couple bunches coming to the sale next Wed. that will fill the Hereford steer pen to 150.

What is the exchange rate now? I figured 70% and using that it came out to right about what they would bring here.

Dave said:
gcreekrch said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

What is the exchange rate now? I figured 70% and using that it came out to right about what they would bring here.

Our dollar is a touch over 75 cents tonight.

Sent another load down this week. Steers were 3 cents cheaper and heifers were 6 cents cheaper. Steer pen is full and will wait until our own are sent down before we top off the last heifer pen.

I have videos BR.........

55 cents a day yardage plus feed.

Will target the steers for 2.5 lbs per day and heifers for 2 lbs. Sell steers at 800 lbs and heifers at 750.

Induction fee including Draxxin is about $30 per head.

Latest posts