Walmart laying off people.........

Help Support CattleToday:

Has anyone seen the price of potatoes???????? 10 dollars for a bag that was 3.50 last year at walmart.. Not hearing a single thing as to why potatoes are so high. Guess it hasnt trickled down to fast food fries... once it hits there, we'll hear about it..

Has anyone seen the price of potatoes???????? 10 dollars for a bag that was 3.50 last year at walmart.. Not hearing a single thing as to why potatoes are so high. Guess it hasnt trickled down to fast food fries... once it hits there, we'll hear about it..
A global-elite-engineered famine is on the way...
Canada forced a percentage of its crop pulled, I heard.
If you aren't prepping now, the government's going to make it hard for you to do so...and you're late to the game.

A global-elite-engineered famine is on the way...
Canada forced a percentage of its crop pulled, I heard.
If you aren't prepping now, the government's going to make it hard for you to do so...and you're late to the game.
Who is this global elites engineering this famine? And to what end?
What do you consider prepping?

Knowing skills. I've also hoarded canning jars and reusable lids. We live by a river so i can can fish all day long. And of course, beef.. but if something happened to the beef, i could can fish. Tried canning carp, there will always be carp. It wasnt bad. Bones got soft like canned salmon. Tasted like fish, not fishier or nonfishier.. just like fish.

To heck with store bought taters.

8qmwIJN.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't dug mine yet as I was later getting them planted. But I have snuck out some baby potatoes for boiling already.
Deer have worked on the garden this year, 1st time gardening here, but next year there will be fencing and I should be feeling more up to things anyway. They demolished the green beans and ate all the tomatoes and blossoms off the plants. I don't eat alot of canned tomatoes so not the end of the world but it ticked me off.. We have had more than enough rain, there is grass, fields of stuff, plenty of browse... they did not need to eat the garden. There will be venison this winter.....Knees are still a little tender and I get tired so much quicker... plus being back to work and our farming... but there was a good amount of yellow squash, there are alot of butternut squash coming, potatoes ought to be good, dill looks good and I have been buying in quantity when at Sharp Shopper discount and watching for any special sales.

Agree that you ought to have at least 6 months worth of food basics.... and of course freezers full....

It was a bad potato year in our area. Thank goodness 2017 was good. We are still eating canned potatoes from that year. I tried canning sweet potatoes but wasnt really liking the texture. It was a good sweet potato year last year and i just layered them in my greenhouse on the planting racks and covered them with cardboard.. They lasted all year like that. Never got around to planting some this year but have several volunteers growing. I think if i were going to plant a potato it would be sweet since first off you can eat the leaves, and they just grow better here than browns. But when i do get browns, i can them. If it came down to needing food, thats one way to keep them from rotting and they are ready to eat.

Knowing skills. I've also hoarded canning jars and reusable lids. We live by a river so i can can fish all day long. And of course, beef.. but if something happened to the beef, i could can fish. Tried canning carp, there will always be carp. It wasnt bad. Bones got soft like canned salmon. Tasted like fish, not fishier or nonfishier.. just like fish.
We've got plenty of access to fish as well. And skills are probably the biggest asset you can process. Not just for yourself but to trade as well. Everyone thinks they're skilled but most not so much.

We've got plenty of access to fish as well. And skills are probably the biggest asset you can process. Not just for yourself but to trade as well. Everyone thinks they're skilled but most not so much.
We learned to make mead and eventually we'll try harder stuff (although we dont drink, but, booze is as good as cash in hard times). I learned beekeeping too.. I want to learn to make some sort of dried beef, it has a name i cant remember, but, i think its a good thing to learn. Its not jerky, but you ground up the dry meat and mix it with fat. Suppose to store forever.

Idk if it's considered prepping...
But it's pretty much a good idea to have 6 months to a years supply of food and necessary items on hand at all times. But that's just good common sense.

I guess by definition it is called "being prepared" or prepping by some.
we are over 1/2 hour to 3/4 hour away from a grocery store. cant afford the time of expense to run t the store to get items, so we stock up and probably have a good inventory to make it through some challenging times. plus the garden and cattle are additional benefits.

Who is pulling the strings, and why should we trust anyone?
Those pulling the strings are the same folks who talk about population control. Government does nothing but lie to us. You really have to be as stupid as the government (and media) thinks we all are to believe much of what it says.

COVID was pretty successful in that regard. How many opportunities for "lab accidents" are there, but these NEVER happen? There are so many safeguards in place in labs working with novel and highly contagious diseases. Either the Wuhan lab was not maintained properly or the release was intentional.

As far as what is considered "prepping"... It doesn't matter what I consider prepping, it matters what those who want to control us consider prepping.

One thing the government certainly considers prepping would be stockpiling of ammunition. The government is transitioning to tungsten-based ammunition due to "green" reasons but, in reality, is making the change to limit the amount of surplus ammunition available to civilians (we cannot purchase the tungsten stuff) and because the tungsten-based ammunition will pierce body armor available to civilians. Folks' options for stockpiling ammunition may become rather limited in some popular calibers. If you can't take away citizens' firearms, severely restrict the supply of ammunition.

Why anyone would ever trust the government, especially ours in the US now, escapes me. One only need look at history to see why trust should never be placed in government.

It was a bad potato year in our area. Thank goodness 2017 was good. We are still eating canned potatoes from that year. I tried canning sweet potatoes but wasnt really liking the texture. It was a good sweet potato year last year and i just layered them in my greenhouse on the planting racks and covered them with cardboard.. They lasted all year like that. Never got around to planting some this year but have several volunteers growing. I think if i were going to plant a potato it would be sweet since first off you can eat the leaves, and they just grow better here than browns. But when i do get browns, i can them. If it came down to needing food, thats one way to keep them from rotting and they are ready to eat.
My experience here in southern MO is that potatoes just won't grow. I've tried for a couple years with no success but will try a different approach next year.

Sweet potatoes on the other hand have done well, and they are soooo nutritious. Not sure how your technique works (I don't yet have a greenhouse, so that method is entirely unfamiliar) but sounds like it works well for you.

Latest posts