Warts?

Help Support CattleToday:

There is no way to say for sure if she contracted warts, how long it would take to get rid of them.
If you have to expose her, I personally would go ahead and vaccinate a "show animal" prior to turning her out with them.
I have been sent home from our State fair with a cow that had resolved ring worm. Resolved, meaning the hair was already growing back. You just never know what they are going to nit pic, and if they go home it is a lot of wasted money and time.

What do i vaccinate her with? i know if the warts are small sometime people will just shave them off. Some of the cows there have had massive warts and some of them have had very small warts.

OwnedByTheCow":1bysch6m said:
What do i vaccinate her with? i know if the warts are small sometime people will just shave them off. Some of the cows there have had massive warts and some of them have had very small warts.
Cut a bunch of them off, and send them to a lab that makes warts vaccine, and then they will send you a vaccine. It has to be for the strain you have, so you have to send a sample.

Or you could skip all of that, cut a bunch off, and feed them to all of your animals (because the vaccine you pay money for is nothing more then ground up warts).

Latest posts