We had hoped for two.

Help Support CattleToday:

I never hope to see twins .I will take one over two any time.
Had a set born a month ago. All good so far but will see if see breeds back or not. The last set cow did fine with them. The next calf she never produced enough milk for it !The one before that missed getting bred

Did u get a weight? Big calf. The empty tub looks perfect for the job. We used to use square bales when we had some.
Thinking 130ish. Cow is a second calver that likely weighs 800 now. She was so full of calf and water she had little room to eat. Calf will go on a nurse cow and cow will go to the cull pen. Don't need those kind of genetics.

Thinking 130ish. Cow is a second calver that likely weighs 800 now. She was so full of calf and water she had little room to eat. Calf will go on a nurse cow and cow will go to the cull pen. Don't need those kind of genetics.
Contacted tendons??

Should make a good calf once he straightens out. Heck, he's half grown already!

We had a cow a few years ago that had had I believe 3 calves prior I'd had her since a yearling heifer. She got to looking huge a few months before she was due.
I thought sure she was going to twin.
When she finally did start to calve and didn't right away like usual, I got her in and tried to pull the calf, couldn't neighbors came and tried then got a vet.
Vet finally ended up doing a C section.
It was a freak thing they called hydrops calf was full of fluid and huge. Vet guessed it weighed well over 200 pounds. Afterbirth was probably 100 lbs and the texture of a thick rubber ball. Of course calf was dead and the cow was too by the next morning.
2 or 3 years ago we had a Santa Gertrudis heifer that had a big calf, the hardest pull I've ever done, thought we were going to have to have a c section on her but finally got it out alive. Heifer raised her calf and both got sold at weaning, didn't want to go through that again.
I hope your calf strengthens up soon.
You sure do a good job caring for them.

We had a cow a few years ago that had had I believe 3 calves prior I'd had her since a yearling heifer. She got to looking huge a few months before she was due.
I thought sure she was going to twin.
When she finally did start to calve and didn't right away like usual, I got her in and tried to pull the calf, couldn't neighbors came and tried then got a vet.
Vet finally ended up doing a C section.
It was a freak thing they called hydrops calf was full of fluid and huge. Vet guessed it weighed well over 200 pounds. Afterbirth was probably 100 lbs and the texture of a thick rubber ball. Of course calf was dead and the cow was too by the next morning.
2 or 3 years ago we had a Santa Gertrudis heifer that had a big calf, the hardest pull I've ever done, thought we were going to have to have a c section on her but finally got it out alive. Heifer raised her calf and both got sold at weaning, didn't want to go through that again.
I hope your calf strengthens up soon.
You sure do a good job caring for them.
You are too kind, thanks! 😊

Deer fawns and beef calves born with contracted tendons that were given one tablet of Calc. Phos. 6X homeopathic cell salt at least three times a day, morning, early afternoon and night, had normal straight legs in less than three days. Cell salts can usually be found at health food stores. The contracted tendons are not genetic and it is not the fault of the mother. It is caused by hormone disrupting toxins ingested by the mother during pregnancy, which go into the calf as a fetus, resulting in this condition at birth. I know that I am going to get #@%$&^%$# for posting this information but thought for the sake of that poor calf, that I should make the suggestion for how to help it.

Not questioning your wisdom but why would you not just leave the calf on the cow to raise and not let her get bred back? Or even if she did, she would just be short bred at weaning time.

Deer fawns and beef calves born with contracted tendons that were given one tablet of Calc. Phos. 6X homeopathic cell salt at least three times a day, morning, early afternoon and night, had normal straight legs in less than three days. Cell salts can usually be found at health food stores. The contracted tendons are not genetic and it is not the fault of the mother. It is caused by hormone disrupting toxins ingested by the mother during pregnancy, which go into the calf as a fetus, resulting in this condition at birth. I know that I am going to get #@%$&^%$# for posting this information but thought for the sake of that poor calf, that I should make the suggestion for how to help it.
Me thinks this 130lb calf and an 800lb mama had something to do with it this time....

Itty bitty living space!

Latest posts