wrist watches

Help Support CattleToday:

Philip-TX said:
My requirements are: big numbers, a light, and date. Walmart (China) $11.88. The same one before this current one was $10.88. Must be the traiffs. :)
I don't even change the batteries (every 3-4yrs), or when the band breaks. Just buy a new one.

I do have my granddad's pocket watch (don't known the brand), the chain has a little knife on it, but it is under a glass dome (display).

If you look up the brand and serial number you can find date of manufacture. Value might surprise you.
Ball, Hamilton, Illinois, Waltham, Hampden and Elgin brands can fetch big bucks. The Railroad models bring the most.

Watches don't last long with me... I wear one every day and find them necessary. I can't wear those metal bands and only wear the leather bands. My daily watch is a Timex Expedition and I have replaced the leather band about three times so far.

Wearing a walmart Timex. Indiglo with the date. Leather band, hate the stretchy ones and they catch in my clothes. I like a watch and not being dependent on the cell phone. Like to be able to see it in the dark like when the lights aren't real good in a milking parlor at 4 a.m.. Watch fits in the pocket alot easier if I take it off at the barn for any reason, than the cell, and I have an old small flip phone. I just got a new watch band for mine and have replaced the battery once. Really would like one that has to be wound up and not need the battery either. Do they even make them? My pulse has been known to cause the watch to stop or slow down on occasion. Today it was 15 min behind, and since resetting has been fine again. One of those little quirks I've learned to live with.

I no longer wear one; I use my iPhone. Up u til about three years ago, however, I felt naked without a wristwatch. I had to have it just like people are addicted to their iPhones today.

Yes, they still make 'wind up watches' that are wound by turning the stem and kinetically wound (self winding) watches.
You may not find many carried by the A list/name dropper brands but if you don't care about that kind of stuff, regular everyday watches aren't hard to find. (Rolex tho, are self winding too)
Seiko, Timex, Hamilton all still make them.

Latest posts