You know you are getting old when

Help Support CattleToday:

The summer help admitted to looking for his cell phone

with the light on his cell phone.

Davemk said:
You take your glasses off and can't remember where you put them and can't see to find them. :frowns:

I resemble those remarks.
I was working in my shop and had set down the striker. I looked that shop over from top to bottom and couldn't find the striker. I hadn't been out of the shop and I lit the torch just minutes before.
I finally drove to town bought three wired one to the bottles, put another in the tool box and the last one on hook on the wall.
Picked up my welding gloves to resume work and there was the striker I was looking for.

DCA farm said:
Or when the neighbors grand kids call
You the old farmer. Still trying to figure that one out seeing as I'm only 27

That is easy. When I was 5 or so a new preacher came to the church. Mom was telling Dad about him. Dad asked how old he was. Mom replied 29. Dad said, oh he is just a young guy. I am sitting there thinking 29 young? He has one foot in the grave and another on a banana peel.

Davemk said:
You take your glasses off and can't remember where you put them and can't see to find them. :frowns:

Been doing that for as long as I can remember. I am blind as a bat without glasses.

ALACOWMAN said:
alisonb said:
worse still, is watching those old guys play it..hoping they don't blow a hip..like those oldie they show on tv.with the crowds being a sea of grey heads.........what ones ain't slick..

The Mrs. and I attended a 50's rock and roll show recently. The venue featured an Elvis impersonator. As "Elvis" was performing several of the elderly ladies got to feeling their oats. I told the Mrs. the ladies were using rusted out equipment.

Davemk said:
Recently got back from Cleveland. The hotel room had a nice selection of Bed Bath & Beyond toiletries and I used the lotion every night, left it on the nightstand. Day 4, sitting on the bed & wearing my reading glasses, I finally realized the "lotion" was actually hair conditioner. Which would explain why I felt like a slimy slug every night. :roll: :dunce:

Oh my, I'm laughing! Just got off the phone with my mother in law, who turned 89 last week, and is now referring to herself as "almost 90". Well, yeah, in another 359 days. I guess "almost" is subjective. :lol2: ;-)

Latest posts