Are you vindictive?

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
greybeard said:
Caustic Burno said:
It's a chat board if someone is that annoying to you, why read their post. That's the part I don't get. Its like if you don't like the monster don't feed it.
Again it's a chat board!
Welcome back to the early 90s...
Actually, it's a discussion and Q&A board. Chat boards are like instagram, twitter or the old chat rooms (which are mostly gone) and consisted simply of one or 2 line comments.
In any discussion, it's a give and take, where ideas and information are exchanged and the merits discussed/debated.
I suppose it would be much easier on a mod if it were just a chat board where comments are discouraged or even prohibited, but that simply isn't the case. A discussion board is very similar to what's known as peer review.
If this were turned into a chat board, participation would dwindle to almost nothing, no company would care to bother placing ads on it and quite quickly, no one seeking information would come here, and it's prominence on any search engine would decline back to the nether pages & the board we've known would fade into history just as all the 'chat rooms' have.

CattleToday's Q & A Boards are a Cattle Forum for swapping information and asking and answering questions about breed, health problems, beginners questions and jokes about cattle and horses.

GB there was a time when my post had a life expectancy of about 30 seconds. This was back before you were a member.
We had four moderators.
It finally got through my thick head this wasn't my sandbox. I could play by the reindeer game rules or watch post keep going poof. You can guess which option I opted for.

Caustic Burno said:
greybeard said:
Caustic Burno said:
It's a chat board if someone is that annoying to you, why read their post. That's the part I don't get. Its like if you don't like the monster don't feed it.
Again it's a chat board!
Welcome back to the early 90s...
Actually, it's a discussion and Q&A board. Chat boards are like instagram, twitter or the old chat rooms (which are mostly gone) and consisted simply of one or 2 line comments.
In any discussion, it's a give and take, where ideas and information are exchanged and the merits discussed/debated.
I suppose it would be much easier on a mod if it were just a chat board where comments are discouraged or even prohibited, but that simply isn't the case. A discussion board is very similar to what's known as peer review.
If this were turned into a chat board, participation would dwindle to almost nothing, no company would care to bother placing ads on it and quite quickly, no one seeking information would come here, and it's prominence on any search engine would decline back to the nether pages & the board we've known would fade into history just as all the 'chat rooms' have.

CattleToday's Q & A Boards are a Cattle Forum for swapping information and asking and answering questions about breed, health problems, beginners questions and jokes about cattle and horses.

GB there was a time when my post had a life expectancy of about 30 seconds. This was back before you were a member.
We had four moderators.
It finally got through my thick head this wasn't my sandbox. I could play by the reindeer game rules or watch post keep going poof. You can guess which option I opted for.

Wasn't that before you bent over backwards and got a black bull? You'd fit right now.

This board, like any board with over 22,000 registered Members, probably has two or three Members whose posts annoy you. That's what the Ignore list in your Profile is designed for. Just add them and you will no longer see their posts. People who attack every post that someone who annoys you makes remind me of Mexican buzzards attacking a newborn calf. The people guilty of this have been allowed to return to the Board multiple times. Unfortunately they soon return to their old habits. We are going to try to keep them off this Board a little longer this time.

Yep, that's the answer. Ban the people with real world advice and knowledge. Let the blowhards that only post to self promote or get under everyone's skin to remain. Sound strategy.

For those that enjoy "poking the bear" and the advice is to ignore the poker and denigrate the bear, it's tantamount to having a crappy bull that sires crappy calves and just culling the calves while ignoring the bull, and then re-naming the bull and trying the same thing next breeding cycle, expecting a different result.
Look no farther than these 2 posts in the "it's hot" thread to see an example of that poking, and the result was as expected.
https://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1588658#p1588658
https://cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1588676#p1588676

This has been going on with at least one of these for years now, going back to his heifer diddling thread under his 1st username.

Cull the crappy bull.

AFAIK 'ignore button' only works right up until someone quotes input from the one that was ignored. (I don't know here because I've never used the 'ignore' button, but that's how it works everywhere else)

Does it prevent you from seeing quoted posts in other people's replys?
(as I said, I don't know about how it works here)

greybeard said:
Does it prevent you from seeing quoted posts in other people's replys?
(as I said, I don't know about how it works here)

Nope. As soon as it's quoted, it is seen. Which is why I just gave up on the ignore button.

M Gravlee said:
This board, like any board with over 22,000 registered Members, probably has two or three Members whose posts annoy you. That's what the Ignore list in your Profile is designed for. Just add them and you will no longer see their posts. People who attack every post that someone who annoys you makes remind me of Mexican buzzards attacking a newborn calf. The people guilty of this have been allowed to return to the Board multiple times. Unfortunately they soon return to their old habits. We are going to try to keep them off this Board a little longer this time.
I understand that you're running a business and post count matters. I understand that that is why you let idiots that make vulgar comments towards ladies on the board and openly mock peoples' faith come back over and over. It's all about post count and not content. Since you've allowed that to continue please exercise some intellectual honesty and let people have at them when they deserve it. It's good for post count. Post count is the only way I can see any of this making any sense at all. You're allowing a few select idiots turn your forum into a laughing stock, with all due respect. It really is a shame to watch it happen. I enjoy talking about cattle and sharing what I know but I do most of it elsewhere now.

I have been a member here since 2008. I just read threw this thread. I see a lot of pots calling the kettles black. CB you have been as bad as any one you are talking about on this thread. I know this because i have seen it. TT you your not any better than any one of the people thats been banned over this crap that going on here. When you came on the boards here you didn't know which end of the cow the grass went in and not much more now. Back then you didn't own a farm or a cow, may still be that way i don't know nor care. You have a bad habit of talking down to others when you got some more of the same ilk to help you out. Bright Raven has posted things on this board that no other poster would have ever got to come back on here after posting. Branded don't matter much, he is just a blowhard that will sooner or later blow any good rep his folks has built up over the years. Macon you own you can run it any way you want. You make the rules i just wish you applied the fair across the board.

greybeard said:
For those that enjoy "poking the bear" and the advice is to ignore the poker and denigrate the bear, it's tantamount to having a crappy bull that sires crappy calves and just culling the calves while ignoring the bull, and then re-naming the bull and trying the same thing next breeding cycle, expecting a different result.
Look no farther than these 2 posts in the "it's hot" thread to see an example of that poking, and the result was as expected.

This has been going on with at least one of these for years now, going back to his heifer diddling thread under his 1st username.

Cull the crappy bull.

AFAIK 'ignore button' only works right up until someone quotes input from the one that was ignored. (I don't know here because I've never used the 'ignore' button, but that's how it works everywhere else)

I will be posting a video soon of how I use cats to help me herd cattle. You surely will find it entertaining and informative at the same time.

************* said:
greybeard said:

Cull the crappy bull.

I will be posting a video soon of how I use cats to help me herd cattle. You surely will find it entertaining and informative at the same time.

Wasn't that Budweiser?

I'm more of a Shiner girl, myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts