Daily Chuckle

Help Support CattleToday:

Back in the day, that going in and out of the house let flies in during the day, mosquitoes in after sunset, and let the heat out in winter. (doors and windows were always open in summer but you better not let that screen door slam shut!) I want a screen door here but our calico would tear it up. I can't say I hate that cat but strongly dislike it but......., for reasons unknown, it likes to hang about every where I go. Probably hopin I'll keel over dead and it eat me.

View attachment 42850
Hah!
We got chasing the cat around one time at home back when we was younguns. The back sliding door was open. But the screen was closed. That cat ran right into the screen door and just folded up in a pile on the floor! 🤣
Good times
Good times

the first bull we bought was from a famous rodeo guy.. what a character, he was known for his brand being visible from both sides of the cow.. Bar S Lazy P was his brand
The Ben Roberts ranch here was a B reverse B. Dad said you could his cows from a longs ways off because it took up the whole side of the cow. Dad said it looked like a big bug on, they called his ranch the Bug.

First automatic I ever drove was the drivers Ed car at high school . I was scared to death of it ! Took me awhile to get the hang of it . My old football 🏈 coach / drivers Ed teacher got a big laugh 😂.
I drive a Peterbuilt 6 hours every day with a 6 speed automatic and an engine brake. Never thought i would like it but it does great.

And or truck and or tractor.
View attachment 42896
When I was 16, I bought a '66 Ford pickup for $500. Me and a buddy went to my older sister's house one weekend about 90 miles from home so we could go to meet up with a couple of girls at the state fair the next day. We both got off work late, yeah kids had jobs back then, and just left from work. Well ole buddy didn't bring any clean clothes so on the way we stopped at a laundry mat so he could wash the ones he had on. It was getting kind of late and it was a rough looking place but we weren't scared in the least. When he put his clothes in the dryer a big assed rat ran out of it and ran under the Coke machine. Wasn't anything to do while his clothes dried except get that rat.

I just so happened to have some smoke bombs in the truck. A couple of lit ones stuck in the bottle opener and the rat couldn't stand it anymore, he ran out and over to and under a folding table that was closed up under the bottom. So another smoke bomb went in behind the table. Problem was the rat didn't run out and the bomb didn't quit smoking, in fact it kept gettin worse. We pulled the table out from the wall and someone had stored their clothes under there. We started stomping them out and after pouring every thing we could find on them we finally got them put out. Then it got scary, what if whoever owned them clothes was to catch us in there. We grabbed his clothes jumped in the truck but the battery was dead, imagine that. It was slightly uphill back toward the highway and he was pushing from behind and me in the door pushing and jumping in every once in a while and popping the clutch. We just couldn't get enough speed.

There just happened to be a taxy cab pull into the lot and we wound up giving the guy 5 dollars to push us with the cab. About the time my buddy was guiding the guy up to my bumper, a great big dude walking down the sidewalk heads into that laundry mat. Buddy jumped into the truck and the guy started pushing us, when I popped the clutch. I felt the back end of the truck raise up I didn't know it at the time, but when I gassed on it to get out of there, I quickly realized that his bumper had went under mine and I was dragging him down the road. He finally came loose after about a half a block and I didn't go back through that town until I was near 30. I did go back to where the laundry mat was sometime after that just to see if it was still there, nope, was a Dollar General in it's place. I drove that truck for 9 years. I forgot to add, all buddy had on during all of this, was his drawers.

It was either in bad shape or you are relatively young to get a 66 truck for $500.

A 66 Ford pickup truck would have been brand new when I was 16.
Believe it or not,, it was a good truck, so good in fact that after nearly 50 years, I still have it and the engine has never been rebuilt. I bought the truck off of a bronc rider that chased rodeos, but wasn't a good enough rider to not be broke. He didn't buy it new but I knew the guy who did.